This position is closed or expired.
See other Project Manager jobs in UAE
Project Manager - Dubai - Contractor
Hays are currently recruiting a Project Manager to work with a market leading construction company to be based in the Dubai. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects for an exciting developer, including High-Rise towers.
The Project Manager must be able to function autonomously and jointly with Director. They must routinely make management decisions pertaining to project issues with minimal supervision throughout the life of the project
• As a Project Manager you must be able to demonstrate strong Commercial awareness and Cost Control ability with a proven track record in the area of construction planning
• Must be technically competent with the ability to set and track project milestones and deliverable's
• Must function effectively as liaison between the company and external Client executives so as to protect the Company and the specific project, to resolve issues or concerns in conjunction with the Board of Directors
• Instruct, coach and direct the project staff with respect to construction, contractual and regulatory requirements with responsibility for assigned work
• Responsibility for the delivery of the job on time, within specification and on budget
• Ensure all personnel on site conduct their duties to the highest standards
• The Project Manager will manage day to day operational duties
• Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
• Develop and deliver progress reports, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas
• Build, grow and develop business relationships for the success of the project
• Provide feedback and record information from the project for ‘lessons learnt seminars’ and for continuous staff development
• An Engineering/Construction Management/Project Management Degree required or where appropriate relevant experience
• Minimum 10 years construction experience, preferably in a Main Contractor with exposure to High-Rise development projects
• Minimum 10 years management experience required
• Thorough understanding of the construction industry and broad understanding of regulatory requirements
• Excellent ability to analyse and interpret contractual documents
• Proven excellent analytical and organisational skills
• Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal and negotiation skills required.
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing work environment are essential.
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.