Job description / Role
To actively support the Bank in the launch of tier 1/2 projects, and ongoing maintenance of the related initiatives thereafter. The incumbent will be required to participate in, and manage, projects, draft project documents, liaise with internal and external stakeholders and maintain close and effective tracking of progress.
- Actively lead and participate in system development (eg Ingenuous) projects undertaken to bring about process efficiencies, better cost and system controls, and improved turn-around-time resulting in higher levels of customer satisfaction.
- Prepare and maintain Project Plans; facilitate and participate in focus group sessions and workshops to contribute towards developing the project plan, setting timelines, gathering requirements and making high-level decisions based on past learnings.
- Deliver high-quality complex projects within budget and timelines and with minimal supervision from Head of  Projects Portfolio.
- Function as a senior business analyst (BA) to understand business requirements including reports, develop workflows, understand end user experience, recommend process realignments based on logical reasoning and highlight market practice. Additionally, the Project Manager will maintain an open communication channel at all times to bridge business and the development team in maintaining common understanding and expectation.
- Review business requirement documents (BRD) in coordination with all relevant stakeholders to ensure 'to-be' processes are detailed out thereby enabling in minimizing Change Requests (CR) and establishing the scope of work.
- Manage User Acceptance Testing (UAT) by guiding project sponsor on the creation of scenarios for positive and negative testing of the system in order to confirm expected results remain aligned with the BRD.
- Facilitate the provision of data requirements to IT for facilitating effective UAT and ensure the build released conforms to defined workflows, log and track defects/observations, and verifying robustness of the system. The UAT will be conducted in various system environments such as UAT, DR and production for successful deployment of builds.
- Collectively analyze the priority of CRs by gauging the level of overall impact on business and classifying them as High, Medium, Low and Not Considered. All decisions will be driven by the assigned project budget.
- Develop and maintain working and collaborative relationship with IT vendors, within the framework of CBD's guidelines, in order for them to support the Bank by exceeding contractual obligations, should the need arise.
- Actively engage in new and ongoing tier 1 or tier 2 projects, as and when assigned
- Initiate working group sessions and minute meetings, as required, for assigned projects, and circulate communication to all relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain and update project master plans to ensure tasks are assigned to respective business units, obtain target dates of completion and maintain prudent follow-ups to ensure deadlines are met.
- Closely liaise with all internal and external stakeholders to contribute to the successful completion of projects by maintaining regular follow-up to receive updates on work-in-progress.
- Generate ad hoc reports and assist Management in activities related to all tier 1 or tier 2 projects assigned.
- Support Head of  Projects in monitoring business performance by generating periodic reports to review benefits realization vs intended benefits set out in the corresponding business case.
- Timely circulation of internal and external communication through Marketing and Client Engagement, as required.
- Strictly adhere to policies related to data management in reference but not limited to UAT and production data, access to reports/big data and knowledge of critical internal policies for application processing.
- Comply with the latest guidelines of the Central Bank of UAE.
- Contribute to successful internal audits and ensure timely closure of audit points through realignment of procedures.
- Bachelor's degree
- Post graduate in business management is preferred
- Project management professional certification (PMP)
- Prince2 certification
- 7 years of banking experience.
- 4 years of experience in projects; preferably in a financial institution.
- Experience in Corporate banking domain.
- Exposure to Corporate banking platforms and solutions - Mobile Apps, Channels, etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Business writing
- System analysis
- Planning and organizing
- System testing
- Process mapping
- Drafting UAT scripts
- Reports generation
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.