Job description / Role
Based in Dubai, this is a regulatory reporting role with exposure to senior and middle management (UAE, Region and Group)
and multiple internal and external stakeholders (including the Regional CFO/CRO, lines of business, Risk, Regulators and External Auditor).
The purpose of the role is to facilitate the successful delivery of:
- Regulatory Reporting requirements for DFSA and UAE Central Bank including Balance sheet, P&L, Statistical returns.
- Support Financial Reporting; and
Regulatory projects in HBME and UAE (Regulatory changes, Migration to reporting platforms,).
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business/Function
- Meet regulatory reporting requirements.
- Meet project delivery requirements for DFSA Automation and Remediation Project hitting milestone deadlines and adhoc requests
- Support Head of Regulatory Reporting and Magnus Regional Programme Manager in successful delivery of new regulatory requirements and implement system changes.
- Support Financial Reporting in delivery of reporting requirements and implement system changes, both regular and adhoc request.
Process reengineering to meet accelerated timelines and faster reporting
Typical Targets and Measures
Regulatory and financial reporting requirements and projects are submitted on time and with material accuracy.
Support Head of Regulatory Reporting and Magnus Regional Programme Manager in proactively managing new reporting projects and put in place a process to meet new deliverables on time. Ensure Head of Regulatory Reporting sign off on all reviews (Dress Rehearsals, UAT) before going live. This includes system changes to meet new reporting requirements.
Continuously review process and eliminate inefficiencies in the process.
- Rapidly evolving environment with regular developments and ad-hoc requests requiring attention to detail, quick turn-around and a growth mind-set to drive new and sustainable solutions with IT and other support functions.
- Heavy reliance on up-stream data and processes requiring an end-to-end understanding of processes and a strong control culture to ensure effective and efficient delivery.
- Implementation of Basel 3 reforms. Whilst a separate project Workstream has been established, there will be a significant impact on BAU processes.
- Multiple regulatory jurisdictions including country, region and Group each with unique rules, challenges and stakeholders
High level of focus on RWAs from the business, ranging from new transactions, to optimization initiatives to forecasting and analytics.
- This is a specialist role and requires the jobholder to possess a thorough understanding of Basel rules, CRDIV, CRR and other rules published by various regulators.
- Preferred experience with change programme and project management
- The jobholder will need to work independently with minimal supervision in ensuring that all reporting requirements are completed within the required timelines.
- The role might require direct engagement with global (GPOs: FRRR and RWA PC, B3 programme) and local (Regional CFO/CRO, business, ALCM, Analytics, Risk etc.)
Management of Risk
The jobholder will continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
About the Company
We lead in the creation and delivery of innovative workforce solutions and services that enable our clients to win in the changing world of work.
ManpowerGroup powers the success of many of the world's most dynamic organizations. We deliver innovative workforce solutions that enhance competitiveness, increase efficiency and spur productivity. Combining global reach with local expertise - 3600 offices in over 80 countries - we know the changing world of work and bring a deep understanding of the companies we work for and the industries we service.
ManpowerGroup entered the Middle East in December 2007 after acquiring local company Clarendon Parker, thus bringing 15 years in-depth local knowledge combined with a global footprint and industry shaping expertise and thought leadership. Manpower Middle East supports clients in the Middle East and North Africa regions. Our business is aligned to key skill specializations to ensure our clients requirements are met by expert and knowledgeable consultants that understand your industry and role requirement.
Our consultants are experts in finding the right talent across all industries in a broad-range of occupations including:
- IT & Telecommunications
- Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas
- Banking, Finance & Legal
- Sales & Business Development
- Marketing, Public Relations & Communications
- Human Resources & Training
- Customer & Support Services (Secretarial and Administrative)
- Operational, Supply Chain & Logistics
- Executive Recruitment
- Emiratization Solutions
- Recruitment Program Outsourcing Solutions
- Managed Service Provider Solutions
- Talent Based Outsourcing Solutions
- Outsourced Staffing Solutions
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
HR Operations Manager
Compass Project Consulting
Head of HR
Middle East Executive