Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
DarkMatter is developing a suite of communication applications covering encrypted voice, instant messaging, email and other in-transit data. As a Project Manager, you are responsible for initiating, planning, organizing and executing assigned projects utilizing project management techniques. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
- Develop and execute project plans with clear milestones and deliverables to ensure timely completion of projects within established timeline and budget and according to specifications/ requirements
- Track and document the project progress, monitor the risks, effectiveness, and performance of the project and project team and proactively facilitate the development of contingency plans and recommended corrective actions as required
- Work with team of developers in order to understand how to prioritize work packages and allow the team to deliver within schedule
- Apply and demonstrate technical management and organizational skills that result in a collaborative culture using clear, credible, objective and proactive communications and stakeholder management
- Lead regular team meetings in an efficient way
- Publish project documentation
- Action item tracking and task prioritization
- Appropriately manage and escalate project issues or risks
- Contribute in client-facing meetings for all questions relating to overall project management, schedule, dependencies, action items
- Manage and track end-to-end project budgets in collaboration with finance
Minimum Qualifications and skillset:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience, degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years of professional experience in managing software projects
- Advanced skill set with MS Project and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Confluence and JIRA
- Experience in the SDLC cycle
- Exceptional leadership skills, experience managing large teams (20+) in a matrix organization, without direct reporting lines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Assertive but not aggressive
- Good client management skills
- Experience with cloud-native development or SaaS products
- End-to-end apps development experience preferred for Android/ ioS (3+years) or server experience is an asset
- Experience in DevOps is an asset
- Experience in software security and cryptography is an asset
- PMP certification or equivalent
- Agile/Scrum certifications
Working in Abu Dhabi
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working in the DarkMatter Group. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.