Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
About Level Shoes
We believe the future of luxury fashion retail will be defined by the reinvention of our consumer experience, through online and offline integrations. Our ambition is to merge the excitement of the physical experience with the convenience of a digital world in order to create a magical experience for our customers.
When we think about retail at its core, it's about the human connection and value delivery, our ambition is going to be thinking about how we exponentially grow both.
We believe in a vibrant future for Level Shoes that favors convenience, experience and personalization. We aim for an emerging retail format that will further blur the line between shopping and entertainment. A store where we can truly unleash experiential retail, an omnichannel approach leveraging the power of data both online and offline.
In a nutshell we are looking to define what the store of the future will look like by using Level Shoes as a proof of concept. In this role you will be looking at different transformation streams that will bring together a successful hybrid customer journey. They include experience innovation and creative, VIP and clientelling, retial performance and processes, technology enablers, data strategies and management, offers and services, people talent and organisation, ecommerce acceleration and finally admin and corporate functions.
As our project manager, your role will be to coordinate people and processes to ensure that our multiple running projects are delivered on time and produce the desired results. You will be our go-to person for everything involving our projects' organization and timeline.
You will be the bridge between the teams tasked with the actual execution of the projects. You will help us ensure that the project scope is sound, reporting regularly on the progress making sure that it's staying on the approved schedule.
You will be responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, control and completion of project, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the level mission.
What you will do:
- You will work on developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- You will ensure resource availability and allocation
- You will develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- You will use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- You will facilitate change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- You will coordinate with cross discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- You wil meet with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
- You will submit project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards.
- You will prepare status reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing relevant information.
- You will establish effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
- You will coordinate the development of user manuals, training materials and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process
- You will measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- You will report and escalate to management as needed
- You will conduct post project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements
- You will perform risk management to minimize project risks
- You will create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- You will lead steering committee meetings with insights on project timelines, key decisions needed and pain points
What you need to succeed in this role:
We see success in the role as having a strong knowledge of project management in a retail setting. Able to deal with a wide range of stakeholders at a senior level and enjoy building strong relationships.
- Previous experience in luxury retail/digital/consumer goods project management or consultancy
- 3-5 years experience leading project management in a transformation setting
- Preferably MBA qualified / PMP certification
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion.
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies
- Ability to use various project management tools
- Budget Management experience
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.