Job description / Role
Responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and supervision of personnel either from contractor / subcontractors or vendors engaged in the projects by ensuring that they complete the assigned task on time within budget and to the quality specified in the contract. The position is also fully responsible to successfully manage, execute, complete and handover multiple MEP works related to infrastructure or construction projects. The individual should possess an indepth knowledge and working understanding related to MEP (i.e. Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC System, Drainage, Fire Fighting & Electrical System, Sprinkler System) practices, it's local and international codes, specifications, procedures, regulations and policies.
• Provides technical advice and guidance to the Management about the relevant cost estimates of MEP systems of the project, the progress of the project, it's allocated budget and other input relevant to MEP systems.
• Ensures that all clearances, approvals, permissions, etc. are timely obtained in case it might be required from time to time by any of the statutory authorities during the execution of the project.
• Attends meetings with contractors, subcontractors and consultants as necessary in order to deliver MEP solutions and resolve any issues that may arise related to engineering queries.
• Monitor the start-up, testing, commissioning and handover of works. Inspection of temporary and permanent works to ensure compliance with the local and international MEP regulations, building and safety codes, standard construction practices and relevant regulations.
• Assists in the development of standard operating procedures relevant to mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering.
• Develops and review designs related to mechanical / electromechanical, HVAC System, drainage and fire fighting system, sprinkler system, electrical and plumbing.
• Oversees, analyze and approves shop drawing submittals and other MEP related engineering drawings, it's specifications and statements of work for the preparation of activity for project resource planning and scheduling.
• Prepare plans, program execution schedules, program planning capabilities (including interfaces and risks analysis), status and progress reports, budget, cost estimates (as per contract agreement), performance evaluation, RFP's, tender documents, evaluate responses and preparation recommendations.
• Coordinate with the consultant or contractor to ensure that all MEP related designs conforms to the master plan, building specifications, it's policies and procedures are all properly implemented.
• Represent the client's side point of view during the resolution of design coordination with consultants or other.
• Capable to develop action and recovery plans to support program delivery on time.
• Implement and ensures that health and safety standards are being followed at work site whenever MEP works are on-going.
• Monitors activities and takes immediate action to ensure the activities of the project are achieved and delivered on time and within budget.
• Able to determine all MEP project requirements whether technical or general.
• Ensures that technical aspects of the projects are strictly complied with and conforms with Conditions of Contract, Particular Specifications, General Specifications, Contract Drawings & BOQ.
• Performs other duties and take on other responsibilities as required by the line manager or department head.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
• Must have at least 18-20 years of UAE/GCC work experience in a leading real estate or property developer or Engineering Consulting Firm with large-scale mixed-use development projects (Residential, commercial, retail, villas, resort, hotel etc.).
Skill Sets Required:
• In-depth knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing techniques.
• In-depth knowledge of building codes, local and international laws and regulations related to construction projects.
• In-depth knowledge of project management methodologies, techniques and concepts.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Results orientated and highly organized.
• Interpersonal, proactive skills and can effectively interact with others.
• Ability to prioritize workload and perform in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools.
• Having good leadership and negotiation skills.
About the Company
A leading real rstate company in UAE.
MEP Manager - Construction Developer & Operator
MEP Project Manager
MEP General Manager
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||3 Apr|
Senior Mechanical Engineer
A Leading Group In UAE