Job description / Role
• Own the Assigned Project and all tasks given by hierarchy to ensure completion on set budget, deadlines, and to best quality,
• Ensure full compliance with the Organizational Procedures Manuals, forms, & reporting trends,
• Ensure obtaining management’s approvals on all issues in writing and maintaining records.
• Ensure attendance in meetings and at all time on and off site, and take lead over stakeholders.
• Ensure completion of tasks on given time and to best quality,
• Submit to hierarchy Weekly status reports, and Weekly Update Risk Assessment reports.
• Ensure all Internal Audit Requirements are attended and closed within the agreed time line.
• Manage all the tasks given by the hierarchy within the given timeline.
• Create / Monitor Project Program update on weekly basis, and makes recommendations.
• Avoid time claims and delays and if occur, manage EOT claim and own the tasks over the relevant involved parties such as Consultant and Internal Commercial department team.
• Monitor and Manage all cost elements, budgets, P. Sums, Payments, RVO’s, VO,s and change instructions, and make suitable amendments to ensure budgets are maintained.
• Ensure all payments are accurately evaluated and preparing payment certificates with complete supporting documents after insuring completeness of invoices.
• Monitors all contract variations, related submittals and maintains up-to-date register, and copies of all drawings and site instructions.
• Ensure closure and final account within contractual durations.
• Issue Monthly Budget Updates to VP and commercial team.
• Avoid liabilities on both time and cost claims,
• Ensure that all Employer’s and consultant’s duties are fulfilled prior to the deadlines assigned in the contractual program and ensure timely responses issued with prompt presentation of material submittals.
• Makes approval recommendations, ensure availability of full record for all cases of claim, full compliance and implementation of contract conditions, notices, responses, and determinations,
• Ensure recommendation/assessment of Cost and Extension Time claims are obtained from relevant parties on time and managed as per contract,
• Obtain management approval as required. Insure conclusion of claim and final settlement in line with the project handing over works.
• Monitors and manages the performance and compliance of the consultants / contractors / sub-contractors according to the scope of services and contractual obligations and standards,
• Ensures replies by relevant parties are issued.
• Monitors the performance of team (whether peers or subordinates), and issues advises, directives as required to achieve satisfactory performance of the overall project’s team.
• Delegates work with clear instructions and provide performance feedback to team members.
• Manages the tender process of all the project packages including PS / PC together with the Commercial Department and consultants and ensures timely award of contracts,
• Manages best selection of quality and time delivery and cost.
• Ensure retaining and updating lists of suppliers, pre-qualification documents,
• Manage all tenders processes, evaluations, recommendations, and appointments.
• Manage and Follows-up with concerned authorities and manage the consultants and contractors, to ensure that all NOCs and permit approvals are obtained well in advance for the smooth execution of the works and notify in advance superiors when hierarchy involvement is required.
• Maintains complete and up-to-date project file administration records – both hard and soft copies that are in line with the department Work Procedure Manual,
• Ensure that all elements are maintained simple for easy referencing.
PROJECT CLOSURE and HANDING OVER
• Control and Manage the complete project take over procedure, snags, services, and certification from statuary authorities.
• Ensure that the building is technically complete and finished, tested, commissioned,
• Physically take over the building according to the contract requirements.
• Ensure collection of all relevant documentations and manage the hand over process to OA / FM
• Obtain final clearance within the given time.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent required;
• PMP Certified candidate is an advantage;
• Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications;
• Good understanding of architectural and construction procedures, document types, roles & responsibilities, team organization & structure;
• Time management and organizational skills;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Project.
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.
Project Manager - Immediate Start
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
|Abu Dhabi||14 Mar|
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Big Fish Recruitment
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||24 Feb|