Job description / Role
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
The Project Manager is responsible for full project teams, their performances and deliverables. The Project Manager typically operates on one or multiple projects and is responsible for all activities (internal and external) on the project. In this capacity, Project Manager is responsible for the overall success of the Project Engineering & Execution activities in line with the Projects goals and work plan.
What you will do:
Key Accountability 1: Project Management
- Delivering the project on time, within the budget and acceptable quality to all stakeholders.
- Liaise with all stake holders (Main Contractors, Consultants, Client and internal departments) to ensure project deliverables are catered during the engineering, execution and close out of the project.
- Coordinating with Planning Engineer, Trade Engineers and Supervisors in quantifying total material and labour requirements for the project, ensuring timely order of materials, planning / arranging of labour / sub-contractors.
- Coordinating with Planning Engineer, Trade Engineers, and Supervisors in monitoring daily productivity, comparing with planned, taking corrective actions for loss of productivity.
- Manage the installation and construction work from time to time and ensure efficient standards of workmanship are maintained.
- Liaise with local authorities as required.
Key Accountability 2: Cost Management
- Checking the respective trade project cost (cost to complete) with allotted budget, reporting higher management / commercial / estimation department cost trends in a timely manner.
- Coordinating with QS to ensure that all variation works are captured, delays notified so that effective claims are made to increase budgeted project margins
Key Accountability 3: ENGINEERING
- Ensure that all information related to technical drawings, mechanical equipment lists, construction equipment lists, technical specifications are updated and readily available
- Leading the project management team & design team in all aspects of the project.
Key Accountability 4: Quality / Standards
- Develop / apply internal engineering and construction standards, operating procedures, specifications and templates so that project delivery, engineering and construction are conducted in a consistent manner.
- Maintaining Lessons learnt register, exchange technical information and learnings within the organization to maintain awareness of internal projects, developments and trend.
- Develop Method Statements for each activity in line with Project Specifications.
- Project Closeout Documentations
Key Accountability 5: Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensuring that all company and sub contract personnel are complying with AFE HSE Policy.
- Reporting all personal injuries and incidents and assisting with investigations.
- Actively supporting and participate in safety and environmental initiatives.
- Ensuring JSAs are completed as required.
- The Project Manager delivers a System or Project as required.
- The Project Manager is an advisor to the business units and maintains good communication with all stakeholders to ensure critical areas of concern are addressed.
- The Project Manager coordinates assigned projects, promotes safe working practices, develops and executes technically compliant, cost effective electrical/mechanical engineering solutions for a project.
- The Project Manager accomplishes the assigned tasks within the framework of the company policies and procedures.
Required skills to be successful:
- Possess sound knowledge in engineering design, DEWA / FEWA / ADDC regulations.
- Possess knowledge in project planning, project management, cost management and FIDIC contract clauses.
- Possess knowledge of project development and/or project management software (i.e. Pro Design - Amtech, DIALux , AutoCAD / Revit, MS Project / Primavera ).
- Written Contractual Communication.
What equips you for the role:
Minimum Qualifications, Certification and Knowledge:
- Bachelor of Engineering Mechanical/Electrical
- 15 - 20 years of experience out of which 10 years must be in MEP Project Company especially in Gulf.
About Al-Futtaim Engineering & Technologies
Al-Futtaim Engineering & Technologies offers customers complete engineering and systems integration solutions.
The Engineering arm operates in the UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Egypt providing a wide variety of products and services from air conditioning, scaffolding and access solutions, elevators and escalators, control and life safety, facilities management, building products, MEP, Energy Management, Technology Infrastructure and Digital Transformation.
The Technologies division provides complete business solutions to large, medium and small customers that include, contact centre solutions, business applications, business intelligence, data management, advanced analytics amongst others. The IT infrastructure portfolio comprises IP telephony, ELV systems, networking solutions, professional audio-visual solutions and managed services.
These solutions are further complemented by services that include project management, installation, testing, commissioning and after-sales maintenance contracts.
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.