Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
DarkMatter is looking for a Senior Secure Phone Program Manager based in the UAE to lead the Secure Phone Product Development initiatives, working closely with key stakeholders across the organization to deliver on-time and a high quality secure phone and communications products.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated prior experience in project managing phone and/or software development projects. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to challenges. The successful candidate will interact with engineering teams, operations, IT, legal, marketing, finance, procurement and other resources inside and outside DarkMatter.
The Program Manager will help set delivery strategy, execute on schedule and manage program deliverables with internal teams through appropriate communication, methodical documentation and escalation.
- Manage full software and hardware development life cycle from design, development, testing, release planning to release review and go-to-market.
- Manage the global software development and release process, develop and implement metrics, standards and best practices.
- The Program Manager must have a strong technical background with the ability to appropriately prioritize and drive issues to closure/resolution keeping the big picture in sight at all times
- Must be a fearless organizer and ready to work with highly skilled engineering teams in order to identify and resolve potential risks to the schedule and quality of the product.
- Collaborate across the organization to manage dependencies.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and remove impediments.
- Communicate project status, deployment milestones/timelines, schedules, risks, expectations, timelines/milestones, team velocity and other key project metrics to multiple audiences (executive management, project team, clients, key stakeholders, etc.)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, electrical engineering, related field or equivalent experience.
- PMP Certification
- 10+ years of experience managing projects across the full software development life cycle (SDLC), hardware development cycle. Must have previous software engineering project or program management experience in phone software or security industry.
- Solid understanding of the product development life cycle. Experience with mixed development methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, SCRUM, Agile, Hybrid).
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills (verbal/written), collaboration, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence with a prevailing positive approach. Able to build strong partnerships across the organization to deliver the best outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and leverage technical knowledge to effectively guide programs and teams.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, MS Project preferred
Working in Abu Dhabi
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working in the DarkMatter Group. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IBM Middle East
Director - Information Technology
Technical Project Manager
|Abu Dhabi||23 Oct|
Quest Search & Selection