Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking to expand our successful Transport & Infrastructure Design team in the Middle East considering the rapidly increasing number of projects and opportunities, with the appointment of a Project Manager to join WSP's T&I team in the Middle East to support our public and private sector clients on their ambitious and innovative transport & infrastructure projects.
You will be joining a fast growing, highly innovative and creative team, working on projects across the Middle East.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Ensure clarity of identification, definition and specification of programs and projects ensuring alignment with client requirements.
* Provide technical support and control of the design projects with direct responsibility for design review, coordination, monitoring of design schedules, design drawings, documentation and tender process.
* Follow an effective and efficient design review process to ensure that the design meets the overall goals and objectives for the project.
* Responsible for reviewing design changes submitted to ensure project remains within budget.
* Ensure a safe, secure, timely and cost-effective delivery of projects meeting the business and environmental objectives.
* Plan and define project goals and create methods to accomplish them.
* Monitor and report to management on the progress of all project activities, including significant milestones, and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule.
* Coordinate with individual Designers to devise and execute action plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work.
* Organize and implement design reviews and facilitating the Value Engineering of Design Consultants.
* Liaise and work collaboratively with the wider project delivery team, including, Sustainability, Digital Advisory, Transport Planning & Mobility and Master Planning specialists.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Civil/Structural Engineering Degree.
* 10+ years professional experience in transport and infrastructure design.
* Demonstrable experience from consultancy, or industry that includes strong experience in design projects for major transport and infrastructure projects.
* Project management experience in a consultancy environment is essential.
* Experience dealing with uncertainty and could be flexible and adaptable to a working environment that is evolving in nature and requires varied project work and client demands.
* Experience in contract administration, managing P&L accounts, running projects within the budget.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.