Job description / Role
An excellent opportunity for a Project Manager in a highly visible role with Dubai Airports. This position will carry coordination under control and guidance of Head of Projects; throughout different phases of the project initiating, planning, execution, control and closing (on whole project or selected work package).
The candidate must manage and oversee various specific missions and projects within the Operations Department and manage all aspects related to time, cost, resources, organisation, quality and reporting within the project deliverables. Projects are mostly related to installation of advertising structures in Dubai Airports. The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination with the different stakeholders such as management of the location, suppliers, engineers, consultants and authorities, to assure a smooth project rollout within the defined boundaries and scope as assigned by the Head of Projects.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Support the Head of Projects on new project development and implementation from Kick-off Initiation to handover to Operations; or as project package. Multidisciplinary coordination with SME & consultants at Dubai Airports to obtain construction NOC, Work Permits & approvals (Fit Out, Architecture, Structural Design, Civil, MEP, H&S, Commercials, Engineering and Operations)
• Handle the relationship with our internal and external clients
• Project execution in line with JCDecaux group standards and local law and regulations.
• Contractor management. Including stand builders, MEP contractors and other suppliers of goods and services that are required within the project. Including assuring compliance of the contractor Health & Safety procedures with JCDecaux Group Standards in close collaboration with HSE teams.
• On-site support and project monitoring.
• Support the creation of technical drawings and documentation, including full set of as-built on projects completion.
• Continuous improvement on work methods in order to improve our overall team performance.
• Provide relevant reporting to Head of Projects and as deemed necessary by management.
• Act as primary contact for project execution; coordinate with principal client, sub-contractors, consultants and authorities on all project matters and requirements.
• Assist the Head of Project on scheduling specific tasks within operations department (deployment and support activities)
• Manage ad hoc projects and jobs as assigned by Head of Projects
• Interfacing with all relevant parties within Operations Departments for planning, setup implementation & daily project administration.
• Support the Head of Projects on regular reports to Major clients and management
• Coordinate project fit out activities on smoking lounges at both DXB/DWC
• Regular performance review with weekly reporting to the Head of Projects
• Stands/Events Exhibitions, Fit out, Architecture background is highly appreciated. Airport experience is also desirable and added value
• Able to work autonomously and interact with project team with good interpersonal skills.
• In depth technical understanding around Fit Out, Stands, POS/POSM delivery (processes and materials)
• Knowledge of full project life cycle and project management tools & techniques
• An appreciation of global best practices in project management is preferred
• Strong stakeholder management
• Understanding of safety standard as per IOSH including reviewing of RA/MOS
• Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Project Management
• Project Management skills and experience (Prince2 or PMI certification preferred)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Team player and enthusiastic
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent presentation and coordination skills
• Committed to continually improving performance / Challenging mind
• Learning & Development interest
• Ability to influence key stakeholders to ensure all relevant actions are duly completed as per KPI
• Fluent in English (written and spoken). Arabic and French are added value
• High accuracy reporting skills
• Structured way of working
• 2-4 years work experience in similar role
• Proficiency in software tools, including MS Projects, Excel and 2D AutoCAD.
About the Company
2017 Key Figures for JCDecaux
- 2017 revenue: €3,472m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good and Dow Jones Sustainability Europe indexes
- NO. 1 worldwide in street furniture (559,070 advertising panels)
- NO. 1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 220 airports and 260 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (354,680 advertising panels)
- NO. 1 in Europe for billboards (169,860 advertising panels)
- NO. 1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (721,130 advertising panels)
- NO. 1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (219,310 advertising panels)
- NO. 1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (70,680 advertising panels)
- NO. 1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (29,820 advertising panels)
- NO. 1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle-East (16,230 advertising panels)
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,117,890 advertising panels in more than 75 countries
- Present in 4,280 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- Daily audience: more than 410 million people
- 13,030 employees
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Project Manager
Currie & Brown
|Al Ain||15 Jan|