Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East, North Africa and India hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Project Manager - Urban Planning and Public Realm
The successful applicant will need to have experience in coordinating and managing multiple stakeholders and demonstrate the ability to build robust, long term relationships and integrated teams.
Reporting to the senior project manager. Working on a component project in the urban planning/public realm/landscaping section of the programme.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Assisting in leading the programme management team, responsible for the strategy and delivery of the urban planning and public realm/landscaping component project on this programme.
• Supporting the team, coordinating the clients’ strategy through to assisting in the appointment of the extended professional team of local and international consultants and contractors.
• Liaising the clients brief, delivery strategy and leading the design management, procurement and execution of the UPPR.
• Managing extended professional team consisting of local and international, consultants, sub-consultants, contractors and multiple stakeholders.
• Reviewing and reporting project status with regards to the project management team and recommend corrective action when necessary.
• Managing all health and safety of staff on project and ensure teams are aware of expectations.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Minimum 8 years’ postgraduate experience is essential for client approval.
• Urban planning and public realm project experience is essential.
• Dubai experience is essential for client approval.
• Masterplanned, major project experience is essential.
• Well-developed communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and relationship building skills and ability to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships in able to negotiate and manage conflict
• Ability to stand alone, make decisions and proceed with confidence.
• Detailed knowledge and appreciation of health and safety is essential.
• Strong knowledge in IT.
• Good leadership skills.
• A degree qualification is essential for client approval.
• Professional memberships are an advantage but are not essential.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.