Job description / Role
The role of the Project Planner / Document Controller is to support the Project manager in timely execution of ESS projects throughout the UAE to scope within budget and on time. He/she will provide administrative support to plan various activities required in a project, manage the material movement and manage & track the documentation of the project.
Responsibilities includes (but not limited to) the following:
• Assist the Project manager and the team to plan various activities/sub-activities of the project
• Attend client meetings and assist with determination of project documentation and planning requirements
• Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor plans, work hours, budgets and expenditure of the project.
• Effectively and accurately communicate relevant information to the project manager, clients and project teams.
• Review reports and cascade information where required.
• Organize, maintain, update and archive documentation
• Fulfill documents retrieval requirements
• Maintain Tracking Logs
• Plan and track the cost of the project
• Maintain Schedule of various activities in the project.
• Manage the material logistics
• Perform other related duties as requested by the Project Manager.
• Degree or Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Project/Construction Management
• 3-5 years of experience supporting Project Managers in the delivery of development projects
• Proficient in MS Project and/or Primavera and the MS Office Suite of products
• Knowledge of Electronic Security Industry shall be an added advantage
• Strong English communication skills, verbal and written
• Ability to work independently and work on shifting schedule and unsocial hours.
About the Company
G4S UAE is the largest and fastest growing total security solutions provider. This rapidly growing list of products and services, along with the company's global backing, means that we are uniquely placed to provide quality security solutions throughout the United Arab Emirates.
G4S was the first security company in the UAE to start the detailed work to apply for, and achieve, accreditation to ISO 9001:2008. This involved the identification of all key processes and their documentation to form part of the Quality Manual and the Company was awarded the certificate early March 2003. Our Quality Management System is based on functional responsibilities and objectives being clearly defined to support the fundamental management principal that it is the responsibility of every individual in the organisation to deliver quality service to our customers. We are committed to maintaining the Quality Management System. The key strategic objective is to achieve continuous improvement and innovation in all aspects of our business process.