Job description / Role
Our client is a global diversified energy group wholly owned by the Government of Dubai. They are looking for an experienced environment, health and safety (EHS) professional supporting the Project Manager to deliver project objectives by providing EHS supervision for project activities. Supports the Projects and Process Safety Manager in instituting, within the department, a culture that supports the environment, health, safety and sustainability.
Main job accountabilities include:
1.0 Functional Framework, Systems and Tools
• Implementation of the Functional Framework: Implement approved processes, procedures, manuals, standards, guidelines and templates on assigned projects.
• Utilization of Systems and Tools: Utilize and ensure the utilization of applicable implemented functional systems and tools on assigned projects. Ensure functional databases and libraries are regularly updated with actual project data from assigned projects.
1.1. Knowledge Management
• Lessons Learned: Identify lessons learned for assigned projects.
• Regulatory and Statutory Compliance: Ensure permitry, regulatory and statutory requirements are implemented and complied with across the project site.
• Task Risk Assessments: Review method statements, task risk assessments and controls measures for high and medium risk activities.
• Project Site EHS Management: Ensure development and establishment of project site monitoring, job risk profiles and medical emergency response procedures by the contractor.
• Project Site Fire Safety: Ensure all fire service installations and fire escapes are properly maintained.
• Project Site Housekeeping: Ensure good housekeeping is maintained throughout the project site.
• EHS Supervision: Ensure the implementation of EHS rules and safe practices and supervise the contractor’s EHS team.
• EHS Inspections: Conduct regular inspections of project sites, contractor's/subcontractor's workshops, machinery equipment and tools; and report all unsafe practices and unsafe conditions.
• EHS Audits: Support Group EHS and any third parties in carrying out compliance reviews and/or surveillance audits.
• Incident Management: Collect data and report on all incidents and high potential near misses on the project.
• Incident Investigations: Participate in investigations of all EHS incidents and high potential near misses in the capacity defined by the Incident Management Process.
• Corrective Action Plans: Develop and manage Corrective Action Plans. Update the status in the system after proper action and closure.
• EHS Performance Reviews: Implement, track and report on EHS Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the project.
• EHS Reporting: Provide functional updates such as EHS statistics, incident details, etc. for developing project progress and/or management reports.
• Other Tasks: Carry out any other tasks as assigned by the project manager and/or line manager.
1.3. Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) and Sustainability
• Instituting the Right Organisation Culture: Support the Projects and Process Safety Manager in instituting, within the department, a culture that supports the environment, health, safety and sustainability.
• EHS Certifications: Support the Projects and Process Safety Manager in maintaining EHS certifications relevant to the department.
1.4. Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Latest Developments and New Technology: Support the Projects and Process Safety Manager in implementation of new tools, technologies and techniques to continuously improve the quality and efficiency of functional processes and performance.
• Benchmarking: Provide inputs to the Projects and Process Safety Manager to enable benchmarking of functional processes and performance against peers and industry best practices.
• Diploma and NEBOSH International General Certificate or equivalent and six (6) years of experience in applying the discipline skills to oil and gas projects
• Understanding of a variety of the discipline’s concepts, practices and procedures
• Strong problem solving skills, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
• Proficient in office productivity tools such as the MS Office suite of products and Adobe Acrobat
• Intermediate English language proficiency
About the Company
Transguard Workforce Solutions delivers Professional Contract Staffing (also known as Employee Outsourcing) within the UAE.
Our Workforce Solutions include:
• Delivering Sourcing and Recruitment Solutions for Clients in need of identifying Contract or temporary Staff.
• Providing a complete end to end Staffing Solution which includes Visa Sponsorship, HR Management, Employee Welfare & Payroll Services.
• Transitioning Contract Staff from other staffing providers to Transguard while remaining compliant with UAE Labour and Immigration Laws.
Transguard Workforce Solutions currently employ over 2000+ Staff from over 70 different nationalities. Across the Group, we payroll over 70,000 employees monthly.