Job description / Role
• Plays an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
• Performs on-site management, supervision and coordination of all self-performed and contracted work.
• Ensures execution of field construction activities in conformance with project drawings, specifications, schedules, cost estimates, procedures, quality requirements and safety standards.
• Controls project schedule and cost through the efficient use of all construction resources and contractors.
• Oversees the development of project schedules in cooperation with the construction engineers and contractors.
• Ensures that daily and weekly short-range planning is maintained down to the Supervisor / Foreman level.
• Reviews design scope and approach with regard to constructability and submits recommendations for change.
• Meets operational standards; implementing production, productivity, quality, and standards; resolving problems;
• Manages sub-contractors by monitoring and controlling performance.
• Prevents delays/ fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
• Updates working knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests;
• Implements policies and procedures for effective and efficient functioning of the project survey team on site.
• Is responsible for the running of the project team operations (mobilisation, execution, deliverables and project close out).
• Is responsible for the quality assurance of construction, Field checks
• Determines manpower levels to attain schedule milestones and monitors manpower levels and craft mixes to ensure conformance with the construction plan.
• Monitors productivity, cost and implements appropriate action to maintain & maximum labor productivity and cost-effectiveness.
• Controls change/scope, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of work.
• Manages the contractual commitments of contractors, including cost, quality, and schedule and coordinates their field activities.
• Plans and manages the projects temporary facilities.
• Maintains quality of all work in accordance with the standards as specified in the design documents
• Ensure effective construction equipment use and maintenance program.
• Administers, trains, and motivates all personnel in construction operations
• Manages and maintains all client relations at the site.
• Remains knowledgeable of safety policies and procedures and performs assigned duties in a safe manner and, while supervising others, has responsibility for their safety and ensures that they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits
• Safety is a part of each employee’s job, active participation to the safety program is a condition of each employee’s employment in order to achieve safer working environment.
• Ensure that the HSE requirements are observed in the execution of all Construction activities,
• This is a generalist view of a Job that you have been assigned for – at times you will be ask to do above/beyond the scope of this role due to Operational requirements.
Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional qualification
• Certification / Membership: Additional certifications and affiliations in Construction would be beneficial
Function specific experience:
• Organizational skills to build successful teams for completion of project tasks
• Understanding building codes, safety guidelines and regulations addressing Civil Marine Construction projects
• Supervising Project crews
• Addressing safety and other work site concerns and issues with laborers and foremen
• Understanding how construction equipment works for inspection, operation and maintenance of this equipment.
Industry related experience:
• Marine construction
Years of experience:
• 10-12 years of specific experience in managing a team
About the Company
By way of a brief introduction to National Marine Dredging Company, in 1976 as a dredging division of ADNOC a board decision was taken to form an autonomous dredging company reporting to its own Board of Directors. NMDC was founded and commenced trading in its own right on 1st January 1980.
We are a National Company owned 40% by the Government of Abu Dhabi and 60% by UAE Nationals and registered as a public company trading on the Abu Dhabi stock exchange with a registered paid up capital asset value of Dhs 169,000,000-00. Currently our business is conducted from our modern premises which include multi-discipline workshops, slip ways and a fully support administration and technical departments located in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi with subsidiary office in Zayed the Second St, Abu Dhabi.