Job description / Role
• Provide a high degree of technical survey knowledge and expertise for all survey aspects of the Survey Department and projects.
• Implements policies and procedures for effective and efficient functioning of the project survey team on site.
• Is responsible for the running of the project survey team (mobilisation, execution, deliverables and project close out).
• Is responsible for the quality control and quality assurance of survey data, Field checks, calibrations and survey results
• Oversees the (survey) staffing of the project and advises the Area Survey Manager and Project Manager regarding personnel requirements or improvements.
• Support, advise and facilitate the Site Project Team in survey and operational matters.
• Reports all survey activities via the Weekly Survey Report to the Project Manager and Survey Department (Personnel, Equipment, Activities, Planning).
• Provides the Site Team with the required project progress information on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. The progress is presented in volume sheets, drawings and/or cross-sections.
• Assist pro-actively in gathering data for the knowledge database (lessons learned, installation procedures) to support and improve the survey operations.
• Takes active steps in the preparation, standardisation and maintenance of the Survey Guidelines and Procedures..
• Safety is a part of each employee’s job, active participation to the safety program is a condition of each employee’s employment in order to achieve safer working environment.
• Ensure that the HSE requirements are observed in the execution of all survey activities, Provide guidelines to the Surveyors on the projects on QA/QC and HSE reports/recommendations.
• This is a generalist view of a Job that you have been assigned for – at times you will be ask to do above/beyond the scope of this role due to Operational requirements.
Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Hydrographic, Land or Engineering Survey or equivalent professional qualification
• Certification / Membership: Additional certifications and affiliations in Survey would be beneficial
• Driver’s License
Function specific Experience
• Management Experience or equivalent combination of trainings and experience
Industry eelated Experience
• Marine construction
Years of Experience
• 5+ years
• MS Office
• AUTO CAD
About the Company
By way of a brief introduction to National Marine Dredging Company, in 1976 as a dredging division of ADNOC a board decision was taken to form an autonomous dredging company reporting to its own Board of Directors. NMDC was founded and commenced trading in its own right on 1st January 1980.
We are a National Company owned 40% by the Government of Abu Dhabi and 60% by UAE Nationals and registered as a public company trading on the Abu Dhabi stock exchange with a registered paid up capital asset value of Dhs 169,000,000-00. Currently our business is conducted from our modern premises which include multi-discipline workshops, slip ways and a fully support administration and technical departments located in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi with subsidiary office in Zayed the Second St, Abu Dhabi.