Job description / Role
As a Project Director you will continue to build and develop on its successes and growth.
• Building on our portfolio of major high-rise towers.
• To lead by taking overall responsibility for their successful delivery of high-rise Projects
• To provide oversight / strategic guidance /audit & review, to a portfolio of projects being lead within the cost centre
• To be specifically responsible for delegated business development / marketing tasks
• Liaise with the regulatory and governing bodies like RTA, DED, Tarkhees, Sharjah Govt. Authorities, Engineering Society, etc.
• As a director you will be responsible to check that the right quality standards and are completed efficiently and on time
• General line management responsibilities are effectively discharged and the project management team is led effectively
• To provide effective Line Management to sub-ordinates.
• Strong relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team
• Business development opportunities with existing and new clients, including cross- selling opportunities, are identified and acted upon
• Be the primary interface clients (New and Existing)
• Provide leadership within project management business and provide leadership and mentoring to the team
• Ensure all staff members reporting to you have current and relevant training
• Manage the delivery of project management team outputs, in accordance with agreed time-scales and quality standards
• Coordination and sign off on all management information produced by project management teams prior to issue
• Management of tender documents, appraisals, negotiations as well as business operations and procedures.
• 20 – 30 years’ of experience as Senior Project Manager / Director, out of which minimum 10 years of experience as Project Director
• BS /B.E / M.E degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
• Professional Qualified – ideally Project Management/ Construction/Engineering/Quantity Surveying Degree
• Chartered Status with the RICS, CIOB, RIBA, ICE or other equivalent institution
• APM affiliation preferred (as secondary accreditation)
• Good Understanding of contracts (NEC3, JCT, etc)
• Track record of managing teams
• Excellent time and project management skills
• Commercial experience is essential along with a proven track record of winning and retaining new Clients
• Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
• Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
• Understanding of all facets of the construction process
• Familiarity with construction management software packages
• Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
• Competent in conflict and crisis management
About the Company
Since its inception, our singular focus has been to enable people to earn a better livelihood by bridging the gap between the immense talent from our 32 recruiting countries and placing them in meaningful positions in the thriving markets across Europe and the Middle East.
Established in 1973, with a legacy now spanning over four decades, GroupL has always maintained the best-in-class standards of training and placement. We started as an ethical workforce recruiter selecting, training, and placing labor for the Middle East. We have expanded over the past 8 years to a 360-degree recruitment agency working across several job roles, sectors, and countries.
For workforce recruitment, we take special pride in our training modules that are customizable to suit the unique requirements of the sector and the business.
Our global collaborations with various technical institutes enable us to train and assess the candidates' technical and language skills before their selection.
For white-collar talent acquisition, we bring in our decades of experience to map capability to company culture and enable the right fitment of talent to the industry keeping in mind the requirements of the specific organization.
Our talent recruitment network spans 32 countries including Bhutan, Bangladesh, Cameroon, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Ghana, Philippines, Serbia, Sri Lanka, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, and Vietnam.
Ignite Search & Selection
Rider Levett Bucknall
SAS Global Consultants
Project Manager - PMC Consultancy