Job description / Role
- To respond to briefs in a conceptual way - coming up with original concepts
- Brainstorm with team members if needed
- Competence in editing “hard-sell” spots when needed.
- Possess variety in approaches.
- To produce original on-air promotional spots assigned by Promotion manager in the monthly plan, all within channel Brand Guidelines.
- Displays a signature creativity, thinks concepts, develops into treatments and is able if necessary to execute from beginning to end.
- Ability to develop & produce scripts.
- Strong Design & compositing skills using software such as After Effects
- The ability to direct filming of promotions is another major advantage
- The ability to edit both offline and online his/her projects
Type of spots include, but not limited to:
- Launch campaigns
- Episode specifics
- Program generics
- Block/Seasonal/Thematic promotions.
- Teasers and countdowns.
- Behind the scenes promotions
- Channel Image spots
- Image-led stings.
- Call-to-Action spots like competitions, events, etc.
- 5 years experience in a Promo Production team.
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in media related field.
- Ability to pitch ideas effectively.
- Ability to create basic storyboard and mood boards.
- Writing promo scripts and directing voiceovers a must.
- Collaborating with broadcast designers and editors to create graphics.
- Collaborating with Audio designers for sound design.
- Directing shoots a plus.
- Conversant in English necessary. Arabic preferable but not necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines
- Ability to respond to changes and positively deal with pressure.
- Ability to edit in Adobe Premiere or FCP a must.
- Ability to operate in Photoshop, After Effects and Illustrator.
- Mac and PC literate.
- Knowledgeable in Social Media trends a plus.
About the Company
MBC GROUP is the largest media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment. In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC1 in London, in 1991, MBC GROUP moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates.
Today, MBC GROUP includes over 17 leading TV channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment); MBC2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies); MBC3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions); MBC4 (entertainment for young families with a female-focus); MBC ACTION (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions); MBC VARIETY (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting); MBC DRAMA (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ DRAMA (a joint pay-TV channel between MBC and OSN); MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi); WANASAH (24-hour Arabic music channel); MBC MASR & MBC MASR2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family); MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface); MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US); MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family), MBC5 (new satellite channel dedicated to the Maghreb); all of them benefit from MBC STUDIOS which produces the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms. MBC GROUP also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Furthermore, part of MBC GROUP is Shahid and its premium subscription-based service Shahid VIP, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.