Job description / Role
The Proposals engineer is responsible for the preparation of immaculate quality techno commercial system proposals as per the client’s requirements within the agreed time and adhering to all applicable company standards.
• Planning for all the allocated proposals assignments independently and with full responsibility.
• Reviewing the project inquiry specifications, design documents and compilation of clarification list for the client and consequently working on the proposal based on the feedback received.
• Preparation of budgetary and firm techno-commercial proposals in consultation with outside sales
• Meeting client’s proposal submission deadlines and if applicable negotiating requests for extension of deadlines with clients.
• Preparation of system power calculation. Preparation of system cycle time (using HIMA calculation tool).
• Adherence to Sales guidelines and all applicable HIMA standards when finalizing proposals.
• Update of CRM with offer data.
• More than 5 years overall experience in the field of Automation technology or safety technology and at least 3 years’ experience in a proposal role
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of Electronics, Electrical, or Instrumentation and Control Engineering
• IEC61508 and IEC615011 Basics
• FSE Certification (after 3 years of experience in the FS-field)
• Knowledge and application of general electro-technical norms (representations, functions)
• Knowledge of tools & software:
- MS-Office (must be proficient in MS Excel)
- CRM / solution configurator software
• Knowledge of HIMA products (HW, SW, Communication) will be an added advantage
• Excellent planning, negotiation and presentation skills
• Must be customer-focused
• Must be fluent in both written and verbal English
About the Company
A leading provider of smart safety solutions.