Job description / Role
What you will do
- Proposal Engineer is a key role, reporting to the Sales Manager responsible for our business across Middle East region.
- The focus would be Fire Protection & Security Systems.
- You will be based in Abu Dhabi and will be part of Sales-Contracting Team (Oil and Gas) that is focused in expanding our footprint and customer base across the MEA region to achieve our strong growth objectives.
- As a member of this team, you will work within a vibrant environment that provides a platform for you to use your experience to deliver our business objectives for our Middle East and Africa region.
How you will do it
- As a Proposal Engineer you will use your knowledge of Firefighting, Fire Protection and Fire & Security systems to prepare technical & commercial proposals to meet the specifications set out by the customer.
- This will involve attending site surveys, bid-clarification meetings, seeking quotations from sub vendors and sub-contractors, estimating in-house product costs and estimating costs for engineering, labor and project management.
- You will attend clarification meetings with Client when required and ensure that tenders meet company commercial guidelines and have the necessary sign off in accordance with the delegation of authority guidelines.
- You will take responsibility for all associated handover documentation in the event of an order and participate in and actively support company initiatives.
- You'll support multiple tenders simultaneously, using your experience and by coordinating with the client on specifications and technical clarifications ensuring we submit proposals that are competitive, meet requirements and are on time.
What we look for
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical / Mechanical
- 4 -5 years' experience of creating tender proposals for Fire protection & Security Systems
- Experience of generating techno commercial proposals for Oil and Gas Industry
- Experience of contract negotiation and dealing with complex tenders
- Demonstrable track record of managing multiple tender proposals at the same time
- Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office
- Result orientated, tenacious, self-motivated, a customer focused approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in the English language is essential
About the Company
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 120,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.