Job description / Role
Parsons is a technology-driven engineering services firm with more than 70 years of experience in the engineering, construction, technical, and professional services industries. All across the world, at every time of day, Parsons is keeping people moving toward a brighter, safer world.
Parsons is seeking an experienced Proposal Manager to manage and produce creative and compelling world-class proposals for large scale project awards ($100M+). The position requires the ability to meet deadlines, ascertain and develop critical win components, organize and coordinate complex responses, competently edit and tailor compelling proposal content, and manage proposal production for submittals.
Outstanding ability to work with people at all levels, strong writing/editorial skills, energetic self-starter attitude, and organizational skills will be keys to the success of this position.
• Implements Parsons’ proposal processes. Educates proposal teams on the use of these processes on efforts.
• Coordinates with capture or project managers to communicate and produce accurate capture, proposal and strategy intelligence to the proposal team.
• Provides “hands-on” proposal process support and expertise during the entire proposal process (including production), and works with assigned authors and contributors to develop fully compliant and responsive proposal content.
• Understands and communicates opportunity and solicitation-related business and technical requirements/information.
• Effectively deals with people at all levels.
• Works efficiently and professionally on senior level capacity. Accomplishes tasks with significant enthusiasm and initiative.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism or related discipline.
• Preferably with related Master’s degree.
• At least 10 years of proposal management experience for engineering/architecture and/or construction management firms.
• With significant experience in UAE or Middle East.
• Successful track record of producing winning proposals, preferably with multi-volume submittals.
• Thorough understanding of proposal pricing strategy and contract terminology and negotiation.
• Excellent writing and editorial skills, communication and organizational skills and self-starter attitude.
• Adept in utilizing MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Must be able to work extensive hours to meet deadlines and travel, when required.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.