Job description / Role
Our client is large holding company with a focus on the energy trading business. They are looking to recruit a trader to set-up a GCC-focused fixed income proprietary trading desk in the GCC and have multi-million dollar VaR to deploy.
Our client is a large group of companies whose primary success has been built on physical energy trading; they have funds to deploy & the ambition to set-up a fixed income desk in the UAE and grow this business under an entrepreneurial, experienced lead trader.
* The role presents the opportunity to join a venture in an entrepreneurial partnership - the client is able to commit VaR on the basis of your experience, track record and vision for said desk, which you will be able to lead and grow.
* The role will focus on GCC Fixed Income but not be limited to the GCC should the trader have a strong grounding in EM/ Frontier/ Developed markets fixed income; this would preferably be additional to the GCC and not in lieu of.
Tax free fixed salary & commission structure
The ideal candidate will:
* Have 10+ years of experience in trading fixed income regionally / as a combination of regionally & globally - prior prop trading experience is hugely advantageous
* Ideally be based in the UAE
* Demonstrate a strong, compelling track record and have a vision & desire to develop a fixed income trading business
* Will have excellent attention to detail
* Will have strong communication skills
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.