Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The purpose of this position is to provide effective protection planning services to schedule and arrange all protections during Engineering Hours and if required, also during Operation Hours for Dubai Metro.
- Assist the Access Planning Manager in the planning, scheduling, prioritising and coordinating of the works including track possessions for Engineering Hours and Operation Hours;
- Managing contact between the maintenance units, community relations and outside parties, the public, and other teams within Dubai Metro for planning of access. Meet their reasonable demands, whilst minimising disruption to operations & maintenance delivery;
- Maintain accurate records of schedule, work accomplished and other information as required;
- Maintaining and monitoring received PTW applications and issuing the same for approved PTW to requesting parties (this also includes maintaining the PTW database and web mail capacity for managing received data for storage structure, indexing, cataloguing and achieving);
- Coordinating PTW applications of requesting parties to all stakeholders and concerned parties;
- Responsible for preparing and issuing Weekly Engineering Notice
- Perform and carry out duties as instructed/ directed by the Access Planning Manager.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Communicates Effectively - Clearly and concisely conveys information and ideas that engage others.
- Demonstrates Self Development- Takes responsibility for one's own personal impact and development, focusing on increasing self-awareness as well as identifying new areas for learning and professional development and creating learning opportunities.
- Demonstrates Personal Drive - Actively works towards ambitious personal goals, demonstrates enthusiasm and energy toward all aspects of work. Shows drive to make a difference to others at work.
- Ideally a degree holder or vocational trade certificate or diploma in civil/Electrical engineering discipline or equivalent;
- Gained knowledge with the following in delivering the accuracy of preparing and issuing the Weekly Engineering Notices and PTW related documentation:
- Track and power rail sectioning layout, station, depot and building annexes configurations drawings
- Traction power switching scheduling and layout
- All layout and configuration consist of the metro structures and systems
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of people inside and outside the business;
- Thorough understanding of the use of various scheduling software and ability to interpret instructions in a variety of written, verbal, pictorial forms in order to carry out the effective coordination and schedules as required;
- Computer literate with intermediate skills in using word processors, e-mail, spreadsheets, database and use of internet (proficiency in using MS office, MS Visio, MS Project and Acrobat Pro use for planning and documentation);
- Ability to compile routine business correspondence, prepare schedules and notices as required;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of safety issues related to railway operations.
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience in the planning, scheduling, prioritising and coordinating of the protections during Engineering Hours is preferable;
- Experience in planning and coordination of maintenance activities amongst maintenance units, community relations and outside parties, the public, and other teams in a rail industry;
- Work experience in the planning, scheduling, prioritizing and coordination of maintenance activities from internal and external parties working in a rail industry;
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.