Job description / Role
Our client, a large rehabilitation center based in Dubai, is currently looking for a Psychiatrist. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Helps patients by evaluating medical and psychosocial conditions.
- Develops and implements treatment plans, including prescription of psychotropic medications.
- Monitors and evaluates treatment results.
- Evaluates patients by interviewing patient, family, and other persons; conducting physical examinations; observing behaviors; reviewing medical history and related documents; selecting, administering, and interpreting psychological tests; and ordering laboratory tests and evaluating results.
- Develops treatment plans by determining nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioral disorders and establishing treatment goals and methodologies.
- Treats patients by utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications; discussing progress toward goals with patients; providing instructions; monitoring effect of medications; and supervising staff provision of services.
- Maintains interdisciplinary treatment by reviewing treatment plans and progress, and consulting and collaborating with primary care physicians, mental health therapists, nurses, and other health care providers.
- Assures quality and safe service for patients and staff by enforcing policies, procedures, standards, rules, Joint Commission for Accreditation of Health Care Organizations requirements, and legal regulations; participating in utilization reviews; and remaining available for emergency consultations.
- Improves staff competence by providing training and discussions regarding the interrelationship between psychosocial and physiological problems, psychotropic medications, crisis intervention, and related issues.
- Maintains historical records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events and writing summaries.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing medical educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Expertise working with Adults
- 12+ years of experience post qualification, CCT or equivalent
- Generalists preferred, but specialties in women’s health, psychotherapy, liaison psychiatry, substance misuse and eating disorders will also be considered
- Qualifications from US/UK/Western Europe preferred
- Must be licensable by the DHA - being already licensed a plus
- Ability to provide client service in Arabic a plus (but not required)
Candidates based outside UAE are welcome to apply.
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.