Job description / Role
The function objective
The psychologist serves as a member of the multidisciplinary team and takes care of the psychological interventions in the treatment programs.
The psychologist is also partly responsible for treatment advice after the intake.
As a psychologist you arrange the psychological interventions during the treatment programmes at the clinic and are jointly responsible for advising on treatment following the screening. You mainly lead group meetings which are aimed at behavioural change, influencing eating behaviour, exchanging experiences, learning to deal with obesity (acceptance) and working on a positive self image. An important aspect in this respect is own responsibility and caring for oneself based on the idea that people have to be able to resolve their problems themselves. In the event of any underlying problems, you also provide information about – and refer people on to - other forms of specialised care.
The clinic works in a multidisciplinary way with expert teams consisting of a GP, Physiotherapist, dietician and a psychologist.
Core tasks and responsibilities:
The psychologist is authorized to independently take appropriate decisions where necessary, after consulting with the other practitioners
• Collaborates with the physician during the intake procedure.
• Examine patients and determines whether, from a psychopathological perspective, patients are eligible for treatment on the basis of established in- and exclusion criteria.
• Refers patients, possibly through to psychiatric or psychological specialized practitioners.
• Does any indications for further research and suggestions for further considerations other members of the treatment team.
• Prepare patients for surgery and the next stage.
• Provides information and insight into the process surrounding the operation.
• Provides insight into which lifestyle change is necessary to be able to stabilize in weight.
• Supports for bringing about changes in lifestyle by patients, this follows and reinforces the commitment of patients.
• Contributes to relapse prevention.
• Assists patients in perpetuating the new behavior.
• Accompanies any relapse.
• Supports patients in difficult situations.
• Is first point of contact for psychological issues regarding the first contact with fellow practitioners.
• Are the expert in the field of bariatrics in the Netherlands and abroad;
• Are an international, growing company;
• Work on the basis of a multidisciplinary approach;
• Have extremely good treatment results;
• Are extremely dedicated to each other and our patients.
• Are offering a very challenging job as a member of a pleasant team. The atmosphere is informal and very professional.
The post is categorised in a labour agreement. We are also offering an excellent benefit package Information and application
• You have a university degree in psychology
• At least 3 to 5 years work experience as a junior psychologist,
• Preferably in the field of addiction care, rehabilitation, mental health care, eating disorders, as well as knowledge of cognitive behavioural therapy/rational emotive therapy.
• You have knowledge of, and experience with, (complex) psycho-pathological and related comorbidities.
• You enjoy working with groups and have excellent communication skills.
• You are flexible, dedicated and honest and are perfectly able to indicate what your limits are.
About the Company
italent has been around since 2012, when we saw that businesses needed better talent solutions for their employment requirements. By focusing our efforts on quality products and services that are simple-to-use and innovative, our team brings you the best results without any unexpected additional costs and unnecessary complications. Simply put, we love helping businesses find and keep the right people.