Job description / Role
Public Relations Executive - UAE National
• To support the Senior Public Relations Manager on all PR activities, including press releases and publications.
• To support in ensuring alignment in all areas of Public Relations to include effectively managing the group reputation and all its brands.
• Drive awareness for the company, its brands and ensure adherence to the policies and procedures of the Al Tayer Motors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Draft and research press releases as may be required; identify and leverage newsworthy opportunities for positive media coverage on the brand - editorial or pictorial.
• Support Senior Public Relations Manager to develop and maintain relationships with key members of the media and general public to ensure that ATM brands receive adequate media coverage for its activities.
• Ensure updated records of all material on the brand ranging from media lists to contacts of principals to background information on the brand.
• Ensure timely information is updated on the respective portfolio of brands on the ATM/PM websites with regular uploads on the Intranet and internal archiving.
• Maintain a sufficient stock of branded collateral, either through local production or ordering from the brand, ensuring compliance with brand guidelines.
• Negotiate photo shoot opportunities for the brand in relevant titles, being present for major shoots.
• Act as main point of contact for price, image and information requests by the media [DEL: :DEL] , liaising with the Marketing Managers / Brand Managers to ensure accurate information is supplied.
• Assist in planning the press office dispatch schedule for respective portfolio, and execute as per planned timelines, use effective forms of media and communication to build, maintain and manage the brand image.
• Assist line manager in organizing and attending media briefing/press conference; special events related to the brand or industry; maintaining goodwill with service providers and positive working relationships with the media.
• Brief photographers on site for all press and special events.
• Ensure the following processes are done: raise LPO's on Smartplan, recap on all relevant PR events and activities, archive all relevant PR information on the G drive or Sharepoint, secure all necessary permits/authorizations when needed and secure PR documentation.
• Assist line manager with preparation of reports, as per agreed timelines for each brand in order to assess the quality and effectiveness of PR efforts for the respective brands. Ensure that all recaps and post-activity reports are complete.
• Ensure that the ATM/PM websites are up to date with relevant information. Collaborate with the Event and Digital Marketing teams to upload brand images that highlight recent activity.
• Collaborate with the Digital Marketing team and Marketing Managers on key influencer and blogging activity that can be used in digital media and PR channels.
Key Selection Criteria:
• Graduate, preferably in Mass Communication/Journalism
• 2 - 3 years PR agency experience
• Bilingual (Fluent in English & Arabic), must have good connections with UAE media, especially Arabic Media
• Should be able to draft and write press releases, create PowerPoint presentations and plans for events /activities
• Should be able to create reports for PR activities as required
• Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills
• Organizational and time management skills, attention to detail
About the Company
Established in 1979, Al Tayer Group is a privately-held, diversified company with operations in 12 countries in the Middle East and beyond. With over 7,800 employees from 95 different nationalities, the Group has its headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
Al Tayer Group operates leading, quality-focused businesses in automobile sales and service, luxury and lifestyle retail, perfumes and cosmetics distribution, engineering as well as interiors contracting. The Groups portfolio includes several of the worlds leading brands such as Armani, Bvlgari, Banana Republic, Ford, Ferrari, Gucci, Gap, Harvey Nichols and Maserati. The Group operates over 180 stores across multiple markets in the Middle East. In addition, Al Tayer Group has investments in commercial real estate, contracting, supply chain management, precision tools manufacturing and travel agency services.