Job description / Role
Our client, a well-established PR agency are looking for a PR Executive to join their team.
The PR Executive is a key position in the team, leading on selected activity and supporting PR Managers/Heads of PR on large scale campaigns.
• Work on priority PR campaigns for key entertainment programming including original and acquired content.
• Work as part of a team on the delivery of priority campaigns handling individual aspects of an overall campaign (e.g. media relations, press events or creative executions) and have sole responsibility for publicising some shows.
• Proactive pitching to media to place interviews, stories, images and clips around campaigns
• Media liaison –nurturing and building on an already strong list of contacts.
• Develop understanding of a broad range of media outlets including entertainment, and film and other media to identify PR opportunities.
• Event management including media days, press events etc.
• Writing press releases and other press materials as needed to the highest standard, researching and fact checking information as required.
• Help to generate creative ideas which help promote Sky’s content.
• Managing media interviews and chaperoning press and talent as required.
• Excellent personal and written communication skills
• Understanding of PR and experience of working on PR campaigns
• Extensive experience pitching to journalists, an instinct for what makes a story and building and maintaining key relationships with an excellent network of print, broadcast and online contacts
• Experience in implementing effective PR campaigns and the ability to take initiative and work under pressure in a busy and fast paced environment
• Excellent planning skills with the ability to prioritise and work across multiple projects at any one time
• Strong understanding of the print, broadcast, online and social media
• Appreciation of Sky’s position in the wider broadcasting industry
• Be intellectually curious, dependable, self-motivated, creative, highly detail-oriented and results-driven
• Possess a keen interest in media relations and journalism, and be active consumers of various forms of news on a daily basis
About the Company
Since 2010, our team has successfully placed some of the world’s finest graduate to mid and C-level talent in organisations across EMEA and APAC, and it all comes down to our niche approach and understanding of the market place, skill sets and trends.
From our offices in Dubai, Riyadh, London and Singapore, we run a sector specific operation. Meaning we specialise in your industry and are able to completely understand your vision, provide market insights and intelligence, and deliver the best talent to fit seamlessly into your operations.