Job description / Role
Our client, a global PR agency are looking for a bright graduate to join their PR team.
• Develop effective media pitches on timely news issues; send pitches to journalists and follow up to secure opportunities
• Compile and maintain targeted media lists to be used for pitching
• Monitor for client placements and proactively alert team when articles have run
• Liaise with journalists and client team to schedule media interviews and/or confirm deadlines.
• Draft error-free client communication on behalf of manager(s)
• Monitor the news and alert team members to timely issues that may be leveraged for clients and prospects
• Write press releases on behalf of clients; distribute over newswires and pitch to relevant media
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and/or annual reports on PR activity for clients
• Develop and maintain relationships with key journalists in person and via phone and email
• Conduct background research on journalists in advance of interviews and/or meetings
• Assist in the development of collateral materials for clients, such as website content and bylined articles
• Degree educated (minimum 2:1)
• Superior critical thinking, communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Be intellectually curious, dependable, self-motivated, creative, highly detail-oriented and results-driven
• Possess a keen interest in media relations and journalism, and be active consumers of various forms of news on a daily basis
• Thrive in a dynamic, creative and fast-paced atmosphere
About the Company
Since 2010, our team has successfully placed some of the world’s finest graduate to mid and C-level talent in organisations across EMEA and APAC, and it all comes down to our niche approach and understanding of the market place, skill sets and trends.
From our offices in Dubai, Riyadh, London and Singapore, we run a sector specific operation. Meaning we specialise in your industry and are able to completely understand your vision, provide market insights and intelligence, and deliver the best talent to fit seamlessly into your operations.