Job description / Role
• The Laboratory Logistics and Inventory Specialist maintains adequate inventory, records of distribution, including records of costs and pricing for all items of laboratory, inventory items and equipment repair, maintenance and service.
• Plans for maintaining quantity and quality of all supplies for Laboratory.
• Initiates activities that provide for cost effective use of all supplies used in the business of the Laboratory.
• Acts as a resource person to the laboratory staff and clients regarding procurement of supplies.
• Ensures that the laboratory staff and clients are aware of procedures that provide for efficient ordering, receiving, storage and distribution of all laboratory supplies on a daily basis.
• Through professional and commercial publications, and meetings with sales representatives, maintains an awareness of current trends in product development and the impact on direct and indirect laboratory activities and the laboratory budget.
• Maintains adequate stocks of inventory while allowing for no wastage of inventory, reagent or product due to shelf storage expiration.
• Maintains an efficient system of inventory control as to ensure proper levels of supplies in the laboratory available for distribution. Is responsible, under the direction of the Manager- Projects for the ordering, receiving, storage and distribution of all laboratory supplies.
• Communicates routinely with the Manager- Projects and staff the current status of all orders.
• Responsible for ordering, receiving, storage and distribution of all reagents, supplies, consumables, equipment, parts of the Laboratory.
• BSc. Accounting/Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or equivalent
• At least 2-3 years’ experience in this field, preferably Medical Laboratory/healthcare sector.
• Should be fluent in English
• Any Nationality can apply
About the Company
Founded in the year 1996, Dr. A Velumani, a BARC scientist turned entrepreneur, fathered Thyrocare. Thyrocare Technologies Limited has emerged to be the biggest leader and a trendsetter in the Indian Diagnostic Industry. It spans over 1000 plus dedicated service providers across India who cater to the diagnostic needs of end user and small laboratories who outsource the high-end tests to Thyrocare.
Focused on metabolic chronic disorders, Thyrocare works on intelligently packaged preventive care profiles.
Today, the rise in health calamities due to changing lifestyle has inspired the company to make preventive healthcare as its prime focus! Embracing a test menu of over 200 tests under different technologies, to detect the ever rising health issues; Thyrocare operates with a 24x7 functional Centralized Processing Laboratory (CPL) in Mumbai - India for esoteric tests; and Regional Processing Laboratory (RPL) in major metro cities of India and other parts of Asia.
The laboratory automation Aptio, a unified solution for pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical phases, has the capacity to handle 100,000 samples every day. With an error-free processing, around Currently it handles 50,000 samples every day with over 200,000 investigations every night, before midnight and only in night. This is ably supported with its unmatched speed with a synchrony of Air cargo logistics and barcoded, bi-directional systems connecting the country to its laboratory seamlessly.
Along with technologies, automation and tests, Quality remained the heart of Thyrocare right from its inception. The laboratory got accredited by ISO 9001:2001 which has now escalated to ISO 9001:2008, NABL in 2005 and CAP (College of American Pathologists) in 2007.
Procurement Officer for Marine Services Company
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||21 Sep|
Executive Assistant / Office Manager