Job description / Role
• Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Purchase Manager is responsible for developing purchasing strategies, maintaining positive relationships with suppliers, coordinating with internal teams regarding their supply needs and overseeing the purchasing team in their daily activities.
• Developing and implementing purchasing strategies in order to improve margins for the company.
• Generating other income through various sources, which also includes allocation of locations with cosmetic companies in pharmacies.
• Managing daily purchasing activities, supervising staff, and allocating tasks.
• Managing supplier relationship and negotiating yearly contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
• Monitoring and ensuring receiving of necessary goods or money against the agreed contracts on a quarterly basis.
• Pushing stock for the liquidation of slow moving inventory in coordination with the Sales Managers.
• Clearing of expiry stocks and returning back the expired stocks to the suppliers, as well as minimizing the expiry stock.
• Maintaining the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
• Coordinating with inventory control to determine and manage inventory needs.
• Providing the necessary reports to the senior management in order to take necessary actions wherever needed.
• Coordinating with American Hospital to ensure all their purchase requirements are met on a monthly basis.
• Training new employees in the purchasing process and how to use the purchasing system
• Any other related tasks in the office.
• Degree in Pharmacology or degree/diploma in related field.
• 7 years + UAE Experience, related experience, preferably in Purchase of Healthcare.
• Having MOH/DHA license will be an advantage.
• Proficiency in MS Office/MS Excel.
• Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
About the Company
A leading healthcare distribution firm in the UAE.