Job description / Role
To help the purchasing manager on the day to day purchasing functions, be conversant with the Items used in the hotel, having the market knowledge of various Items. Process the purchase indents and seek inquiry of Compiling comparatives, organize proper system for follow up of pending supplies. Facilities and administer Purchase functions in the absence of Purchasing manager
Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, "gateway to the sea" boasts a prime location at the mainland gateway to the cosmopolitan city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. With its strikingly contemporary architecture, this beachfront business hotel offers the highest level of comfort and elegance throughout its 369 guestrooms and suites, including the ultimate exclusive lifestyle hotel experience with Fairmont Gold.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
• Expedite delivery of purchase orders.
• Assist in preparing request for quotations.
• Obtain competitive pricing (at least 3 Bids) for specifications as directed.
• Prepare budget shells from designer specifications.
• Prepare reports such as bid summaries
• Close project files and maintain project storage log.
• Maintain disclaimers, credit applications and vendor information
• Provide back up for support staff.
• Closely able to work with receiving clerk
• Able to maintain HASAP standard at all level- from sourcing products till storage
• Performing all Admin Assistant Responsibilities
• Other duties as assigned.
• Previous experience is an asset
• Self motivated with strong organizational and communication skills
• Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset.
• Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment while remaining calm and collective.
• Must be flexible in terms of working hours
• Work with a sense of urgency and detail oriented
• Computer literacy in Windows, MS Office Suite, and MC systems is recommended.
• Able to type 30 words per minute
• Knowledge of the local market is an asset
• Experience working in a purchasing environment as asset
• Community College diploma or equivalent experience
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Abu Dhabi. Fairmont Bab Al Bahr will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.
Living and working in Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi, the capital, is the largest of the 7 Emirates which make up the United Arab Emirates, one of the world fastest growing tourist destinations. When you choose to live and work in Abu Dhabi, you will find that we offer competitive salaries, service charge, quality medical benefits, meals and furnished accommodation. There are currently no income taxes in the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi’s heritage is rooted in Islamic traditions and living here will prove to be a unique life experience.
Apply Today: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts:
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Offshore Contractor in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||7 Aug|
|Abu Dhabi||24 Jul|
Central Asia Development Group (CADG)
Excelsior Group ME
Procurement Specialist (4 Month Maternity Cover)
Arab Media Group (AMG)