Job description / Role
We are Heartists®
"Heartist © " describes both our culture and who we are. Everything we do comes from the heart, and we're experts in what we do. Generous, attentive, and free, we ensure that everyone can come as they are, and feel like they belong. As one big team, we know that only together can we do amazing things!
We believe that the world is more welcoming when we're connected. So that we see what we have in common, instead of what sets us apart.
Life in Movenpick
The Place to Savour Life- We believe true hospitality is about turning small gestures into heartwarming moments.
We enable our guests to Savour the flavor of life, balancing small indulgence with what's good for them- and good for the world.
- Aware about Municipality Regulation on Health, Hygiene and Safety.
- Aware about Hotel Purchasing Procedure.
- Knowledge of local market and products.
- Basic knowledge of work related automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Complete understanding of the hotel's policies & procedures and standard operating procedures and polices relating to fire, safety and health.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
- Thinks ahead, developing contingency plans where necessary.
- Manages time and resources effectively.
- Sets and strives to achieve high personal performance standards.
- Plans, organizes and uses a systematic approach to getting things done.
- Priorities actions and manages tasks through to completion.
- Handle all queries from internal & external customers.
- Ensure highest guest satisfaction, handle guest queries as priority one.
- Liaise with Company Auditors.
- Communicates openly and clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Develops positive working relationships at all levels.
- While receiving goods must check for following
- Expiry date
- Country of origin
- Inform relevant departments upon arrival of goods on the receiving bay.
- Each receipt of goods or services must be posted in the Material Controls System against respective Purchase Order.
- Receiving Agent must stamp and sign every invoice against which goods being received.
- All goods must be received on receiving bay, Receiving clerk must put receiving stamp on the invoices for the deliveries received.
- Answer all queries from supplier and delivery personnel.
- Spot check on vehicle temperature to ensure that delivery of fruits & vegetable is done as per the regulations stipulated by Dubai Municipality.
- Ensure that all receiving for the day is posted prior to the end of the day and Daily Receiving Report is generated.
- Receiving clerk must attach all invoices with approved purchase order and receipt invoice generated from the computer system.
- Receiving clerk must arrange all invoices for the daily receipt in the same sequence order as of the Daily receiving Report. Receiving Agent must initial that report to state that he has completed this task.
- Receiving clerk at no point should alter the approved purchase order. If there is deviation more than 10% in terms of quantity then it should be brought to Inventory Supervisor and Purchasing Manager's attention.
- Receiving clerk at no point should alter the invoice sent by the supplier. If any variation to the price stated as per purchase order, should be brought to the attention of Purchasing Manager. If Supplier agrees to change the price then alterations could be made by supplier's representative by authorizing the amendment.
- Ensure that weighing scales are calibrated every quarter and separate file is being maintained for calibration certificate.
- Assist Purchasing Manager in the day to day operation of the Purchasing Department.
- Prioritise the assigned purchase requests as per delivery date, obtain three quotations, and negotiate the price then forward purchase request to Purchasing Manager.
- After proper approvals issue the Purchase Order to the supplier and follow up for the delivery of goods or services.
- Ensure that all HACCP requirements are complied with and related documentation is properly filed to the reviews of the authorities.
- Assist Purchasing Manager in all clerical jobs in the Purchasing Office including correspondence, filing, telephone call handling etc.
- Ensure that proper operating standards are adhered to in the areas of purchasing, receiving, store and goods issuing.
- Maintain vendor performance file to ensure the consistency in quality and service.
- Prepare report on savings achieved during the month and forward it to Purchasing Manager.
- Follow Hotel Purchasing Procedure, ensure that each purchase is supported with three quotations, the quotation should not be a paper exercise but every cost comparison must ensure best price and best quality.
Job Description for Purchasing / Receiving Clerk will include above essential functions but will not be limited to the functions listed above.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel's policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Heartists Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
Our values are our common language, they drive us every day. Embodied in and flowing through our Heartist program, a symbol of our identity and culture, these values are the bedrock that binds us to the Group. They perpetuate and spread -beyond professions, persons, countries and cultures- the sense of hospitality and service, our strength and nourishment of the Group's success worldwide.
We obsess over our customers. Our guests are the driver of our decisions and our actions. We put them first, we care for them. We go the extra mile for them. We enjoy doing it.
We believe that hospitality has the power to unlock a better tomorrow. We act for good to support & empower the communities in which we live and protect the planet that you visit.
We are connected with the world, and to others. We enjoy the mix of cultures. We are proud of our differences. We put you first and we value you, whoever you are. We care for the planet.
Spirit of Conquest
Our guests are globetrotters, and so are we. We want to be where they want to be. We explore, we initiate, and we develop. We are ambitious for our guests. We make the impossible possible, we have fun doing it.
Hospitality is a team sport, and we're stronger when we trust and support each other. We believe in natural kindness, respect our differences and value all voices. We work as one team, to say what we do, and do what we say.
We dare to challenge the status quo. We embrace innovation and challenge ourselves to do things better and faster. We take risks, dream the impossible and make it possible.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.