Job description / Role
• Responsible for the purchase of food products, beverages and equipment within the specified parameters.
• Ability to attain the highest quality product for the lowest price point, while overseeing the procurement, shipping and receiving department.
• Manages Food Trak base ordering systems, implements set controls and policies, orders, receives, tracks, and allocates all expenses to the corresponding departments.
• Maintains the utmost level of sanitation conditions at all times.
• Works with the culinary team to ensure all outlets have consistent and quality products of the highest level.
• Directly supervises employees in the Purchasing department.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Oversees and manages the procurement team in receiving of all food products ensuring the specs and standards set by the Executive Chef are adhered to.
• Check for weights, case counts, freshness and food delivered as ordered and expected.
• Works with Executive Chef and other department heads for special requests and products.
• Bids for equipment and tests products as needed to ensure quality products are received in their respective category.
• Oversees the setup of all carts for food products to be delivered to various outlets and venues and assists when needed
• Schedules the procurement team to ensure the appropriate coverage to meet the demands of deliveries, changing business levels, and times frames.
• Bids, purchases, receives and documents all food, beverage and operational supplies for Polo Club as requested.
• Maintains and ensures the Food Trak system is utilized and streamlines all purchases.
• Records and submits food invoices to the accounting department and CFO as needed.
• Fills requisitions and costs on a weekly basis to properly account for departmental expenses.
• Per Executive Chef request and approval, attends Food and Beverage shows to acquire product and vendor knowledge and to utilize purchasing discounts.
• Manages proper sanitary conditions at all times to exceed State and local laws.
• Manages monthly inventory by printing updated sheets and using Food Trak.
• Performs daily inspections of all storage areas ensuring they are clean and organized, products are dated, reports and follows up on all infractions.
• Maintains a highly organized work and storage areas at all times.
• Encourages a positive work environment while working with a sense of urgency.
• Works closely with the Executive Chef in all aspects of the purchasing function to ensure specifications are met.
• Assists in the cutting and testing of products prior to season to set the standard and guidelines for the season.
• Manages the purchasing budget with the Director of Culinary/Executive Chef as needed.
• Communicates with members, co-workers, management and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
• Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
• Exhibits and maintains a professional demeanor to reflect a positive image
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Culinary/Executive Chef.
• Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
• Must be able to multitask and have a sense of urgency to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of food products from types, origins, quality, specs and seasonality influences.
• Must have high energy, be a proactive manager and thinker, with the ability to accomplish the tasks at hand.
• Must have excellent time management skills, must organize and prioritize work to meet the demands of the job and the ability to ensure deliverables.
• Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
• Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to interact professionally and maintain effective working relationships with management, co-workers and members.
• Hotel and Hospitality Management degree from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a culinary procurement department
About the Company
Tiger Group start was in Construction Field through Tiger Contracting Company that was established in Sharjah - UAE in 1976, and now it is one of the largest groups in the region.
The group has diversified activities as the following:
Contracting: The group has more than 10 companies in UAE in addition to branches/affiliates that work in the region. These companies have the highest ranking from the concerned authorities. Moreover, these companies had accomplished plenty of projects like commercial towers, residential towers, universities, schools, hotels, villas compound & steel structures and etc...
Industries: In order to support / provide the ongoing projects with high quality products on time, we established "Tiger Industries" that include wood & furniture factory, aluminum & glass factory, kitchen & wardrobes factory and marble factory.
All these factories have been provided with the latest technology & machines in addition to the skilled manpower.
Real Estate Development: Tiger Group started its activities in Real Estate in parallel with Construction Booming in UAE and now it is one of largest real estate companies in the region.
Hundred Thousands of square meters of "Built up Area" had been accomplish which later converted to thousands of residential, commercial & retail units.
Hospitality: The group entered Hospitality field by establishing "Samaya Hotel", a five star luxury hotel, which is located in Deira - Dubai. The hotel is managed by "Samaya for Hotels & Resorts" & "Samaya for Hotel Apartment". There are still other hotel projects will be launched in Dubai.
Education: To develop Human in particular & the society in general, the group has established Al Yarmouk Private University & Al Yarmouk Schools in Syria in addition to multi stages schools in Syria, Jordan & Turkey. Furthermore, the management used to provide scholarships for top students.
Health Care: Since Human's care is core interest, the group has decided to launch a new hospital in coordinating with University Of Freiburg - Germany, the hospital will be provided with the professional / qualified specialists and equipped with the highest medical technologies. There are other initiatives under processing that contribute to develop the human & society together and we hope they will be ready soon.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Procurement / Purchasing Manager
Subgate Interior & Design
Procurement Manager / Category Manager
A Leading Manufacturing Company In The UAE
Procurement Manager - Head Office
Bin Eid Executive Search and Selection
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||6 Jul|