Job description / Role
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
The purpose of the Integrated Full stream Operations Pursuit Project Manager (PPM) is to progressively develop opportunities through to contract award (Define Phase) once they have passed initially screening and prioritization (Identify/Select Phase). These opportunities can cover the various types of projects that fall within the IFO portfolio including integrated well construction services, production management services and full stream services and solutions. Upon award of contract, the PPM is then responsible for the successful transition of the project to the Operations Project Manager (OPM) or Asset Manager (AM) during startup and mobilization (Execute Phase).
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead IFO opportunities engaging all stakeholders through the project Define Phase ensuring deliverables are met at each stage in order to pass gate review.
- Ensure alignment with Geomarket/Region, GCA, GPE and BHGE Product Companies, to deliver winning strategies and bids.
- Ensure that the IFO Stage Gate process is implemented from Define to Execute for all assigned projects.
- Contribute to the development of, and maintain processes to ensure that project risks are correctly documented, evaluated and mitigated leveraging the 'Risk Register' tool.
- Ensure commercial models accurately reflect the most likely return on investment and profitability of BHGE by working closely with various internal stakeholders.
- Working closely with regional/global supply chain/procurement, evaluate and source competitive contracts and/or alliances for all key 3 rd parties required to deliver assigned project.
- Provide leadership for negotiations with customers and third parties in your region.
- Work closely with OPM/AM and IFO support teams to ensure smooth transition of responsibility to OPM/AM and successful project startup.
- Participate in post-tender after action reviews, using lessons learned to feed continuous improvement initiatives.
- Conduct business in accordance with the BHGE Spirit and Letter.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, commercial or scientific discipline
- Minimum 10+ years of experience from a top tier oil and gas operator/service organization
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with managing and leading employees.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in project management specifically integrated services, turnkey and multi-service contracts.
- Preferred experience in managing and negotiating with customers and significant third parties such as EPC companies, drilling contractors, marine vessel charterers, casing/tubular providers.
- Preferred experience in multiple product companies or product/service lines.
- International working experience across multiple PLs and/or PCs.
- 70% of Travel Time
- Knowledge and Skill sets should include but are not limited to:
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders/audiences at all levels both internally and externally.
- Capability to influence and have executive communication and presentation skills.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, team building and influencing skills.
- Broad knowledge of the oil and gas business - across BHGE product companies and multiple geographies (strongly preferable).
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Good understanding of BHGE tendering process and IFO's management systems and commercial work flow processes.
- Thorough understanding of the various commercial models used for IFO project types including lump sum based, performance based, and outcome based models.
- Thorough understanding of third party resources needed to complete an IFO offering and how to access regional resources.
- Ability to manage 3rd party negotiations, working closely with regional and product company procurement teams, of complex contracts such as those with rig contractors and EPC companies for the various project types (integrated well construction, production management and fullstream operations).
- Thorough understanding of market conditions, with particular focus on area of responsibility.
- Good understanding of the project management framework including scope, schedule, cost, risk, contract, resource and HSE management.
Dubai , UAE
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United Arab Emirates; Dubai; DUBAI
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.