Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
PwC's Academy is looking for the role of a Business Development Manager for Riyadh's office. The Business Development Manager will primarily be responsible for going to market to build new relationships with clients and generate and convert leads for training. They will also be the primary point of contact for all inhouse / customised client training requests.
Our team is a client focused group that is responsible for positioning the PwC brand and driving long term growth. You'll work with sales and marketing teams to drive consistency in executing our client relationship, and business development strategy, as well as driving our sales framework to help deliver value on key business initiatives.
- Identify and explore business opportunities for the PwC's Academy Middle East with focus on the emirates market
- Respond to RFQs/ RFPs in a timely manner
- Plan approaches and pitches for RFQs/ RFPs. Work closely with the Partners/Directors/SMEs to develop proposals for training solutions
- Work with technical and administrative staff to develop client focused pitches
- Prepare engagement letters and agreements with clients
- Convert leads to confirmed courses as per the BD targets. Conduct the entire BD process from lead generation and negotiation, to closing and post-sales follow up
- Prospect and meet clients by growing, maintaining and leveraging your network
- Key personnel for client interaction, engagement and relationship building
- Conduct market research and related events in the industry including announcements, tracking competitors' activities to develop unique selling points and game changers for the business
- Ownership and maintenance of client and proposals repository
- Research and understand the firm and people's capabilities
- Review of newspapers/internet for new RFP's
- Liaise with Director to plan, organise and execute annual budgets. Provide trend analysis, and research for new product launches
- Prepare regular reports to identify and track the business pipeline, wins and losses, budgeted vs. actual sales
- Updating and maintaining CRM to ensure validity and completeness
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- Experience in the professional training services preferred
- Must have experience in working with targets
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
- Must be Arabic speaker and with excellent written Arabic skills.
- Experience in the KSA market would be a plus
- Excellent communication, selling and negotiation skills
- Ability to develop and manage good relations with internal and external stakeholders
- Flexibility in working hours (evenings, weekends if necessary)
- Dynamic, quick learner and proactive individual with ability to take ownership and lead teams and processes
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently
- High level of technical proficiency and computer literacy particularly with Powerpoint, Word, Excel, CRMs, and LinkedIn
- Familiarity with Administrate or other CRM platforms
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.