Job description / Role
A leading e-commerce business in the region is in the market for a Python Engineer to come in and work closely with the other back and front end developers, the QA team, the design team and team leads. The company, already with millions of active users, is going through a period of substantial growth. You can expect to be part of a relaxed and results-oriented environment that promotes interaction amongst a multi-cultural group of peers.
* Build and maintain robust APIs - from the service that powers them right down to the line of code that perfects them.
* Ensure all services are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale.
* Work closely with other teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues.
* Support a wide range of products focusing on automation, availability and performance, and above all reliability as well as supporting mobile engineers and business intelligence
* Excellent knowledge of free and open-source web application frameworks, e.g. Django, Flask and Bottle
* In-depth understanding of Python; Meta-classes, decorators, descriptors, list comprehensions and multiple inheritance/mixins should be commonly used paradigms
* In-depth knowledge of database management technologies, preferably MySQL, PostgreSQL and understanding of NoSQL databases
* Understanding of Agile Methodologies such as Kanban, Scrum and XP
* Driven to gain insight into different new and old technologies
* Experience working on high-traffic and large-scale web products
* Experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, performance analysis, search infrastructure
* Ideally should have experienced the whole development cycle from start to finish
* Experience with various queuing system/message bus technologies such as RabbitMQ, kafka, etc.
* Good working experience with AWS technologies such as Elastic beanstalk, Elastic cache, RDS, Kinesis, etc.
Qualifications & Skills:
* 3+ years of experience with Python
* 3+ years of experience in analysis, design, coding and implementation of next generation web applications in Python and Django
* 2+ years of experience in API based architectures (e.g. SOA, micro-services)
* 1+ years of experience in AWS technologies
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.