Job description / Role
The Quality Superintendent is responsible for implementation and compliance of the Quality Assurance and Quality Control Programs in accordance with ISO, contract specifications and the Quality Management System for the site designated.
Lead Quality Assurance role at designated site and is responsible for oversight of all quality activities.
• Will lead and direct the Quality Control Inspectors (QCI)) in conducting product quality inspections.
• Reviews and monitors the NMDC Quality Control Program (QCP).
• Ensuring QC team maintain standards IAW-(In Accordance With) the Performance Work Statement (PWS), Technical Orders/Manuals and ISO Standards. Carries out all duties in accordance with NMDC & ISO 9001 Quality and 14001 Environmental Standards.
• Preparation of the company QA QC manual and policy and its Control and review of all amendments and revisions in coordination with QHSE Manager.
• Lead development and review of the project Quality Program documentation manuals, work processes and reporting of quality records management of quality documents.
• Mentor preparation and control of project quality system management documentation prior to project commencement.
• Provide QA QC statistics and report QA QC activities to Divisional QHSE Manager, Business Units and Client Representatives.
• Coordinates the Quality Department and its Auditors/inspectors to ensure successful and effective completion of required audits IAW Internal Audit procedure and industry standards.
• Ensures all project site compliance with Document Control system.
• Provides guidance and advice to the Project Manager on significant changes to the quality management system that have a direct impact on site operations.
• Facilitates Root Cause analysis discovery for site level NCRs and ensure corrective action and preventive action are acceptable and approves NCR prior to input in QMS.
• Tracks, monitors and controls site inputs into the quality system ensuring compliance with QMS.
• Processes, evaluates and submits on time, completed Non Conformance Reports (NCRs), Preventative Action Request (PARs), Self-Inspections and audit reports to PMQ.
• Prepares reports and generates metrics as necessary to understand and communicate site compliance of QMS.
• Provides supervision, direction and training to all QC team under their supervision.
• Reviews and assists in the development of Quality Control SOPs and Work Instructions (WI) as needed to ensure QC processes and requirements are well defined and clearly articulated to subordinate QCIs.
• Attends pre-tendering meeting internally and with client to identify project QA &HSE requirements with project bidders.
• Prepare and issue audit reports noting system no-conformances and verifying effective corrective/preventative actions.
• Deliver audit assessment findings to QHSE Manager and evaluate the need for any corrective / preventative action.
• Support assessment of sub-contractor’s capabilities to meet the quality requirements of the project as required.
• Assure that the contract obligations’ for testing and record keeping are adhered to.
• Ensure proper turnover of complete quality control, ensure that turnover documentation is maintained, organized and turned over on schedule.
• Assist QHSE Manager to stablish and manage a field document control system for construction drawings, specifications, test and inspection reports, vendor data and as-built drawings.
• Perform evaluations of sub-contractors’ facilities to determine their capabilities in meeting the quality requirements.
• Review the inspection for client representative/third party laboratory and subcontractors.
• Manage and ensure proper usage of site server including full documents control, all files on the server trackable, and project data is updated to NMDC Server.
• Accountable for the performance of QA QC staff on the implementation of QA Management system – QAMS, throughout the company.
• Check & monitor progress/approval reports status daily, weekly and monthly, track storing, loading and delivery to the project site.
• Manages and maintains all client relations at the site.
• Remains knowledgeable of safety policies and procedures and performs assigned duties in a safe manner and, while supervising others, has responsibility for their safety and ensures that they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits
• Safety is a part of each employee’s job, active participation to the safety program is a condition of each employee’s employment in order to achieve safer working environment.
• Ensure that the HSE requirements are observed in the execution of all Construction activities,
• This is a generalist view of a Job that you have been assigned for – at times you will be ask to do above/beyond the scope of this role due to Operational requirements
• Knowledge and understanding of the ISM Code, mandatory rules and regulation, applicable codes, guidelines and standards as appropriate.
• String & proven knowledge of and experience in company QA QC Management system & relevant procedures.
• Understanding of ISO concepts and requirements,
• Ability to assess policies, procedures, and processes for compliance with ISO 9001:2008 standards is essential.
• Demonstrated ability to interface with both technical and non-technical personnel.
• Lead Auditor qualification
• Ability to research technical data and to interpret drawings, technical manuals, and directives.
• Proficient in inspection application, engineering interpretation, technical research, and Quality Deficiency Reporting (QDR) is desired.
• Ability to interpret and implement procedures for compliance with ISO 9001 Standards is essential.
• Familiar with OSHA/AFOSH standards and industrial safety practices
About the Company
By way of a brief introduction to National Marine Dredging Company, in 1976 as a dredging division of ADNOC a board decision was taken to form an autonomous dredging company reporting to its own Board of Directors. NMDC was founded and commenced trading in its own right on 1st January 1980.
We are a National Company owned 40% by the Government of Abu Dhabi and 60% by UAE Nationals and registered as a public company trading on the Abu Dhabi stock exchange with a registered paid up capital asset value of Dhs 169,000,000-00. Currently our business is conducted from our modern premises which include multi-discipline workshops, slip ways and a fully support administration and technical departments located in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi with subsidiary office in Zayed the Second St, Abu Dhabi.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies