Job description / Role
• To Assist Assistant Manager - QC on day-to-day QC operational issues.
• To Perform Visual checks, Dimensional checks, NDE, PMI, Chemical analysis, Hardness Tests of incoming Raw Materials (Casting / Forging / Bars), Parts, Components & Gear Box / Actuators used in the manufacturing of Valves.
• To Organize and Participate in third party/customer inspections.
• To coordinate with calibration supplier and to maintain the records of the Measuring, Monitoring and testing equipment.
• To coordinate with the testing laboratory.
• To Coordinate with the supplier (Raw material, Finished / Semi finished Components, and Parts ) for first article inspection or batch inspections.
• Preparation & documentation of MTC, NDE & Other Test Reports.
Knowledge & Experience
• ITI / Diploma in Mechanical Engineering / Material engineering with experience on the same field with Proficiency certificates (NDE Level 2 / B- Gas Level 2 qualified)
• Minimum of 3+ years Quality Control experience in inspection is preferred
• Working knowledge of measurement instruments and Equipment’s
• NDE Level II in RT, UT, LPT, MPT
• Painting Inspections (B-Gas Level II / NACE level II)
• Knowledge of project documentations and experience related to the projects.
• Knowledge of design standards Gate, Globe, Check, and Ball valves.
• Knowledge of testing standards for Gate, Globe, Check, and Ball valves
• Knowledge of visual inspection and related international standards for forging and casting components
• Knowledge of dimensional inspection of raw material, machined product, and final product
• Knowledge of measuring instruments, tools, gauges, and equipment
• Knowledge of calibration and handling of instruments
• Understanding of MTC certification EN 10204 3.2, 3.1, 2.2, 2.1, and its differences in the process
• Knowledge of spectrometer and PMI
• Knowledge of mechanical testing and its equipment
• Experience in welding and its defects
• Experience in casting and forging and its defects.
• Knowledge of Painting
• Knowledge of NCR activities
• Knowledge of materials, and its standards, and capabilities to read and understand the standards.
About the Company
Founded in 1977, Gerab National Enterprises LLC has grown to become the Middle East’s leading bulk supplier of seamless pipes and allied components for the oil and gas, power generation, water desalination, mining, and construction industries. Gerab’s warehousing hub is in the Jebel Ali Free Zone in the United Arab Emirates. Materials stocked with Gerab include pipes, fittings, flanges, stud bolts, valves, gaskets, and other bulk equipment. The stock range includes carbon steel, stainless steel, duplex, super duplex, and special alloys.
Gerab’s objective is to achieve customer satisfaction through leadership that delivers exceptional services and exceeds customer expectations and ensures sourcing and delivery of the right quality product – on-time, every time. This is achieved through a strong and reliable supplier network, extensive range of stock availability at strategic locations, state-of-the-art infrastructure, an IT system that provides visibility to take timely decisions, and above all the dedication of well-trained staff who excel in delivering excellence.
Gerab has grown to become a leading international trading firm. Its well-staffed regional and international offices are located in Saudi Arabia (Dammam), Oman (Muscat), Qatar (Doha), the UAE (Abu Dhabi and Dubai), Kuwait (Fahaheel), India (Hyderabad), Iraq (Bagdad), USA (Houston), South Korea (Seoul) and China (Suzhou). In total Gerab employs over 385 staff across all locations.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Site Engineer / QA/QC Engineer
Al Sitara Gulf Contracting
|Abu Dhabi||6 Oct|