Job description / Role
Our client, a fast-growing printing house is currently in the search for a Printing/Publishing QC Manager to be based in Dubai Investment Park. You will be managing quality systems and resource materials dedicated to problem prevention and zero-defect reduction, overseeing the quality control team, or personally inspecting and sampling all production in various stages of work. This position has the authority to stop production on any job not being produced according to specifications.
In this role, you will have the following responsibilities but not limited to:
* Ability to plan, organize, direct, control, and lead
* Analyzes press problems, stock problems, inks, and chemicals, etc to assist personnel in reaching prescribed quality standards.
* Check, analyze daily quality control reports and activity reports of quality control inspectors
* Develop and maintain Standard Operating Practices
* Determines quality standards and specifications reviews and updates specifications and standards at least yearly
* Establishes priority of work for material inspection
* Follows through on jobs in the plant which may need special handling, and which have special standards and specifications.
* Keeps up to date on quality trends and techniques through seminars and reading
* Notifies immediate supervisor in the event of a serious problem affecting quality or production
* Perform plant audits of SOP’s
* Reviews department and corporate goals with immediately superior and subordinates, at least yearly
* Spot checks work being produced in the pressroom and bindery.
* Supervises inspection of shipment of customer samples produced by the machine and hand binderies
* Understands the production workflow
* Work with vendors on quality-related issues
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
* Minimum of 5 - 10 years of relevant experience, in the Printing Press Industry
* Proven experience working as a QC Manager/Supervisor for a printing firm
* Familiar with equipment owned by the company
* Demonstrate dependability and self-motivation
* Knowledgeable in all printing processes and materials
* Degree / Diploma in Printing Technology (desirable)
* Strong supervisory and management skills
* Strong time management and interpersonal skills
* Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
* Understands the production workflow in the Printing/Publishing industry
* A valid professional UAE driving license is optional
* Willing to work 6 days a week, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Production Manager - Printing/Publishing
Post Press Printing Supervisor - Printing and Publishing
Printing Supervisor - Publishing/Printing
RTC-1 Employment Services