Job description / Role
The QEHS Superintendent is responsible for implementation and compliance of the Quality Assurance and Quality Control Programs in accordance with ISO, contract specifications and the Quality Management System for the site designated. This is the lead Quality Assurance role at designated site and is responsible for oversight of all quality activities. Will lead and direct the Quality Control Inspectors (QCI) and Collateral Duty Inspectors (CDI) in conducting product quality inspections. Reviews and monitors the Amentum Quality Control Program (QCP) at the site ensuring QC Inspectors maintain standards IAW the Performance Work Statement (PWS), Technical Orders/Manuals and ISO Standards. Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and Amentum ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
- Coordinates the Quality Department and its Auditors/inspectors to ensure successful and effective completion of required audits IAW Internal Audit procedure and industry standards.
- Ensures site compliance with Document Control system.
- Disseminates information and quality documentation to and from all sites, including Contractor Officer Representative (COR) out-briefs and Quality directives, and ensures cross tell is accomplished.
- Provides guidance and advice to the Site Manager on significant changes to the quality management system that have a direct impact on site operations.
- Facilitates Root Cause analysis discovery for site level NCRs and ensure corrective action and preventive action are acceptable and validates NCRs prior to input in QMS.
- Tracks, monitors and controls site inputs into the quality system ensuring compliance with QMS.
- Provides continuous development training to site level Internal Auditors.
- Provides oversight of SIF/QCIF program ensuring that site personnel are correctly managing these quality processes.
- Processes, evaluates and submits on time, completed Non Conformance Reports (NCRs), Preventative Action Request (PARs), Self-Inspections and audit reports to PMQ.
- Professionally liaises with USAF CORs and assist them with Quality issues.
- Prepares reports and generates metrics as necessary to understand and communicate site compliance of QMS.
- Performs other tasks and duties as appropriate; to include attendance at Site Manager Staff Meeting, preparation of personnel performance reports, and any other tasks that may be assigned by Quality Manager.
- Provides supervision, direction and training to all QC Inspectors under their supervision.
- Reviews and assists in the development of Quality Control SOPs and Work Instructions (WI) as needed to ensure QC processes and requirements are well defined and clearly articulated to subordinate QCIs.
- Ensures the completion of maintenance forms such as work orders, parts request sheets and maintenance sheets and trains others in the proper documentation procedures.
- Ensures safety practices and housekeeping are maintained to the highest standard.
- Checks repairs to ensure the highest quality repair standards are met.
- Check to make sure that only current up-to-date Technical Orders and commercial manuals are used when repairing items.
- Performs random In-Process and Final Product inspections on Production, Inspection and Maintenance operations.
- Randomly reviews production and inspection schedules, work orders and historical records to ensure accuracy and timely completion.
- Performs random inspections on tools, shop equipment, safety equipment and protective clothing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to includes as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
- Must have understanding of ISO concepts and requirements.
- Ability to assess policies, procedures and processes for compliance with ISO 9001:2015 standards is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with both technical and non-technical personnel required.
- Lead Auditor qualification is required upon hire.
- Ability to research technical data and to interpret drawings, technical manuals and directives required.
- Proficient in inspection application, engineering interpretation, technical research and Quality Deficiency Reporting (QDR) is desired.
- Ability to interpret and implement procedures for compliance with ISO 9001 Standards is essential.
- Must be able to produce clear, concise written reports (findings and recommendations) in English.
- Familiarity with OSHA/AFOSH standards and industrial safety practices required.
- Must have good organizational and communication skills, particularly in dealing with subordinates.
- Must possess a valid home country driver's license and ability to obtain host nation driver's license.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must successfully pass Lead Auditor course if not already achieved prior to hire.
- Must have five years experience in quality assurance and quality control fields with auditing experience.
- Must have five years experience in an engineering, maintenance or logistics discipline.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred, two years experience may be substituted in lieu for each year of school.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.