Job description / Role
• Responsible for executive functioning and day to day coordination between QHSE personnel.
• Review the investigation of all accidents, incidents and near miss done by the QHSE representatives. Identify root cause and recommend corrective and preventive actions. Identify root cause of problems of both human and equipment performance when Incidents or accidents occur at the work location.
• Ensure standardization of existing controls for work activities is followed at BU/Department level.
• Review all site safety inspection and audit reports and highlight the areas of concern to Head of QHSE.
• Co-ordinate with all QHSE representatives to mentor and advise on critical HSE matters.
• Identify additional safety devices/materials required for improving safety performance.
• Report all safety violation at sites to Head of QHSE after verification.
• Advise and ensure QHSE representatives to be present during all critical activities at sites and report continuously during the activity. If further required present himself to monitor and guide the situations.
• Review and submit the daily, weekly and monthly QHSE reports.
• Carry out internal safety audits in line with OHSAS 18001 requirements/client's requirement and report areas of concern.
• Reach the major accident sites where there is major bodily injuries, fatality and co-ordinate with projects and to investigate the root causes and submit report with corrective and preventive action .
• Review risk assessment, safety systems of work for all activities and issue to all sites for implementation. Review them at regular interval.
• Review environment aspects and recommend appropriate controls.
• Carry out random checks of the fitness and serviceability of the firefighting equipment and systems. Ensure that assigned contractor to HSE works such as firefighting, pest control, lifting equipment’s, exhaust ventilations carries out the work of servicing and maintenance in accordance with contracts.
• Review of implementation of control measures as per the risk assessments at the allotted sites.
• Monitor statutory compliance by carrying out regular inspections and auditing
• Participating/advising in all Accident investigations resulting LTA at sites and finalize reports with in 48 hours.
• Participating randomly in site safety committee meetings to confirm their commitment to best safety practices.
• Review on monthly basis the compliance status of site QHSE Objectives and QHSEMS implementation including records and documentation.
• Minimum Graduate Engineer
• Must have HSE Professional qualifications higher than/equal to NEBOSH IGC
• Minimum management system qualification/experience
• Multinational experience will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of international HSE regulations
About the Company
The Dulsco story began in 1935 when Mohammed Khan Abdulla Mirza Abdulla, the father of the present Chairman of Dulsco, Abdul Aziz Mohammed Khan Abdulla, appointed some able-bodied men to row their dhows through the Dubai Creek to a British India Steam Navigation Company owned ship at anchor in the Arabian Gulf, and bring ashore its cargo of foodstuff and clothing. Our stevedoring service launched then is still one of the many services that we provide. We consider ourselves the oldest stevedoring company in Dubai.
By the 1970s and the opening of Port Rashid in Dubai, we were a full-fledged stevedoring company serving the port. We started providing more manpower services by the 80s and became one of the earliest human resource management companies in Dubai.
In the 90s we began providing manpower outsourcing services and later we added waste management and other services to our portfolio. In 2005, Dulsco became a limited liability company and expanded its services to include all the emirates and neighbouring Gulf countries and today is one of the foremost HR solutions provider and recruitment agencies in Dubai.