Job description / Role
We are now looking for a QHSE Technician with Catering Service experience. This role will responsible for developing and managing the Food Safety Management System for all catering and hospitality food areas of the business. The job holder will be working with department managers to ensure ongoing compliance and audits, elevating of standards and appropriate training of personnel.
The role responsibilities include,
• Maintenance and coordination of the company food safety program to maintain statutory compliance to the prescribed legal requirements.
• Coordinating and assisting with technical training and overall competency to management and employees with regards to the operational aspects of the food safety program, pest control, environmental, operational methods and personnel practices, and maintenance for food safety and hygiene /cleaning practices.
• To complete food supplier audits (against the HACCP systems implemented) identifying corrective actions required and escalation of major concerns and ensure action there of as required.
• To liaise with Local Authority Inspectors and enforcement officials as required.
• Coordinate the ongoing development requirements of the department’s food safety program and compliance including carrying out internal audits
• Develop and maintain Occupational Health and Safety management System and ensure compliance at all levels of staff
• Investigate and provide assistance in incidents involving injury to employees, contractors, visitors, the general public, analyze their causes and develop appropriate preventive measures to prevent recurrences in accordance with company Incident management system.
• Conduct risk assessment in order to identify hazard and risks at all company premises and operational activities, inform department of findings and recommends measure to correct potential hazards and prevent accident and injury; conducts follow up inspections to ensure that recommended measures have been implemented
• Investigate the adequacy of ventilation, lightning, noise, exhaust equipment and other conditions that could affect employee health, comfort or performance.
• Regularly monitor the condition of fire emergency equipment and installations and advise the Safety Manager accordingly to ensure as such the integrity and reliability of JV fire prevention and protection systems.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s in Food Hygiene/Microbiology/Biotechnology and/ Quality Assurance Management / HSE.
• Professional qualification / training in Quality Assurance or ISO
• Nebosh Certification
• ACCAP certification
• At least 2 years of experience in Catering Services, specifically QA Management experience.
About the Company
Transguard Workforce Solutions delivers Professional Contract Staffing (also known as Employee Outsourcing) within the UAE.
Our Workforce Solutions include:
• Delivering Sourcing and Recruitment Solutions for Clients in need of identifying Contract or temporary Staff.
• Providing a complete end to end Staffing Solution which includes Visa Sponsorship, HR Management, Employee Welfare & Payroll Services.
• Transitioning Contract Staff from other staffing providers to Transguard while remaining compliant with UAE Labour and Immigration Laws.
Transguard Workforce Solutions currently employ over 2000+ Staff from over 70 different nationalities. Across the Group, we payroll over 70,000 employees monthly.