Job description / Role
Alpha Flight Group Limited is a leading provider of innovative catering and retail services at several international airports. Alpha Flight Services UAE LLC is a dynamic food service company employing 500 employees, operating both business to business services as well as a wide range of generic branded consumer food and beverage outlets. This company is based at Sharjah International Airport.
We currently have an exciting opportunity that has become available for an experienced and qualified Quality Assurance Manager to join our successful business.
The Quality Assurance Manager will be a center point to Plan, Lead, Manage and Implement the: Food Safety, Quality Management, Audit Programme, HACCP compliance legislation and customer policies
• In all areas of the alpha business to look for gaps and ensure controls are adequate at a local and international level, in line with industry standards.
• Quality Management System (QMS); Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Food Defence Plan (along with Safety & Security).
• Support and guidance provision to Line departments / 3rd party suppliers (SC) on all matters related to Quality Control, Assurance
• Regular reviews with General Manager / Heads of Department’s to give a ‘health check’ status of the business based on Daily Reports, Top 5 issues, weekly briefings, etc
• Internal and External Audit feedback to ensure Food and Equipment Quality, Environment, Health and Safety systems and procedures are actively managed and corrective/preventive measures recommended where required
• Support and guidance provision to Line departments / 3rd party suppliers (SC) on all matters related to the Audit process.
• Identify, recommend and implement effective industry best practice improvements to systems, processes and structures that enhance operational effectiveness.
• Service Excellence Framework that manages the departments Business Continuity Planning (BCP), Food Defense, Supplier Audit Programme and other Operational risks (Microbiological schedule, New product testing, etc) with medium to severe impact on food safety.
• Regular review of departmental SOP’s, evaluation of product specifications, standards, quality controls and new product development to manage and drive the continuous improvement culture with the agility necessary to support the constant changes in demand.
• Resource requirements and the resultant impact to operating schedules without adversely impacting service quality and delivery.
• Initiate and lead the participation of trials for new products and services developed by the company from time to time.
• Coaching; mentoring and supporting staff development and progression through development and career plans.
• Liaise with other department to keep up-to-date with corporate initiatives, sharing learnings; maintaining networks; and exchanging information regarding company initiatives.
• Engage, Support, Involve and Facilitate related departments and support functions (Finance; HR; Safety; etc.) in all plans and strategies to ensure effective implementation and on-going management of agreed activities.
• Consulting with senior management of the 3rd party suppliers to improve productivity and processes.
• Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) in: Hotel Management, Catering & Applied Nutrition or Food Technology/ Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ any other life sciences.
• Related experience of minimum 05 – 10 years in a similar role with experience within a Quality & Compliance environment (Halal experience desirable) of which at least 5 years in a Management position.
• Previous work experience in catering units / hotels/ hospitality or food manufacturing industry.
• Quality and Food Safety Audit Management across multiple business units.
• Establishing and implementing of ISO systems & processes.
• Knowledge on Quality Management Systems e.g. ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001
• Flexibility to Travel when necessary.
• A sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.