Job description / Role
Nominated by the airline and accepted by the respective civil aviation authority as “Post Holder”, the job holder shall monitor and verify all activities in the areas of Flight Operations, Ground Operations, Flight Training, and Engineering Maintenance ensuring all are being carried under the supervision of the relevant “Nominated Post Holder” in compliance with the airline, respective civil aviation authority, and other Regulatory Bodies’ standard requirements and regulations.
Key Result Responsibilities
• Leads the “Quality Assurance” team and operational activities ensuring all are as per standards, rules and regulations required by the respective civil aviation authority, manufacturer’s manuals, and the airline’s adopted policies and procedures with focus on safety, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and human factors considerations.
• Verifies and ensures that Company’s established operations, policies, procedures and internal rules and regulations are met under the supervision of the relevant “Nominated Post Holder” and are in compliance and accordance with:
- Conditions and Restrictions of the AOC.
- Applicable Regulatory Requirements
- All relevant Authority Regulations and additional standards set by the Airline.
• Acts as the ultimate accountable manager to ensure that “Quality Assurance Program” is adequately and timely established and implemented in compliance and accordance with applicable regulations and approved manuals.
• Plans, implements and monitors the annual audit plan and inspections; identifies non-conformities, problems or deficiencies and proposes corrective measures and alternative solutions.
• Monitors and assures that corrective actions are timely taken and placed effective by the responsible line manager.
• Advises the “Accountable Manager” on Quality related matters and supports with needed information and independent assessment of audits and inspections results as well on correction loops as a regular standard basis for the formal management’s evaluation of the Quality System effectiveness.
• Establishes effective working relationships/liaises with the respective civil aviation authority, regulatory bodies, Airbus, OEMs, Suppliers, Vendors and Airline Customers, etc., to pursue and facilitate function related needs.
• Sets, implements, and enforces the overall “Quality Assurance” system: policies, procedures, manuals based on regulations, inputs, and recommendations from the Department /Function Heads and Line Managers.
• Establishes, promotes and maintains a corporate culture where “Quality” and “Safety” have top priority in all activities run by all employees (quality and safety awareness) and ensures all aspects of airline operations comply with the Airline’s aviation safety Program.
• Partners with departments to ensure all concerns of the “Manager Safety” and “Manager Security” are addressed to concerned, investigated, and resolved in compliance with the Airline’s Safety Program.
• Collaborates with Stakeholders such as Legal, Finance, HR and other cross-functional departments and teams to carry out function-related work ensuring timely delivery, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness in utilization of resources, systems and tools.
• Manages the skills and performance of the “Quality Team” with focus on knowledge sharing, process improvement as well as career enhancement.
• Motivates, coaches, mentors and monitors the overall performance of the team members to achieve high standards in delivering results.
• Partners with HR to set objectives and identify KPIs for the respective team members; ensures his/her subordinates are fully aware and knowledgeable of their targets.
• Provides on-going support and supervision to the team members to assist them achieve their goals and bridge any gaps identified.
• Provides necessary guidance and support to the Hubs on various matters (policies, procedures, regulations, contracts, communication with vendors, etc.) to assist them in their audit checks.
• Represents the airline officially at the “Authorities”, “Regulatory Bodies” and externally in all “Quality” related matters, meetings and events.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
• Post Holder Maintenance/Post Holder Operations
• Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence (CAR66- AMEL),and/or a Bachelor degree in Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical/Auditing or equivalent.
• Alternatively, a diploma or certificate in the related field and/or ATPL (Airline Transport Pilot License – more than 3000 FH) from a recognized institution combined with needed experience and exposure.
• Must have completed formal aeronautical maintenance training if it was not his/her major.
• Must be eligible for approval by the respective civil aviation authority as Manager Quality Assurance “Post Holder”.
• Certificates related to Auditing, Quality Assurance and/or Compliance such as IOSA or ISO – Lead Assessor are highly desirable, and some may be treated as conditional for this role.
• Project Management certificate or alternately the proven corresponding working experience is nice to have.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel and PowerPoint), Internet and Web Search.
• Excellent command over both written and verbal communication skills: reporting, presentations, etc.
• Fluent in English Language & national language of country of employment is a plus.
• 8+ years of working experience in different disciplines in the aviation/airline industry, with a minimum of 4 years at least leading the “Quality Assurance” or “Compliance” function; low cost airline experience is a plus.
• Extensive knowledge in civil aviation authority and regulatory bodies’ rules and regulations and requirements pertaining to Flight Operations, Ground Operations, Flight Training, and Engineering Maintenance: policies, procedures, manuals, certification, and licensing.
• General knowledge in ICAO ISARPS.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in airline documentation and records control systems.
• Aircrafts technical knowledge and relative exposure to aircrafts maintenance is a plus.
• Comprehensive knowledge and working exposure to Safety and Security functional requirements and measures in airlines; knowledgeable in internal/external audit practices.
• Experienced in managing the continuing airworthiness of aircrafts in line with Authorities, Manufacturers, and OEMs standard requirements.
• Experienced in designing and implementing policies, procedures and manuals as per business needs and in line with adopted regulations and approved quality standards.
• Influential at all levels including internal and external parties; experienced in managing relationships at work place and managing a diverse team of people (Skills/Experience).
• Proven skills in analysing data, identifying pitfalls and recommending corrective measures.
• Cost-oriented, possesses effective problem solving and decision making skills. High
• High accuracy and attention to both results and details.
• Employs technical expertise, and interpersonal relations to support company’s objectives.
• Demonstrates the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against business strategy and set KPIs.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.