Job description / Role
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties of the Quality Engineer shall include but not be limited to the following tasks:
• Advise Contractor on Employer’s QA/QC requirements to ensure Contractor commitment and compliance is in line with Employer’s site specific quality requirements and procedures.
• Review Contractor documents such as Project Quality Plan, Method Statements, KPIs, etc.
• Assess construction and installation methods of construction and ensure that QA/QC procedures are adequately implemented.
• Conduct formal site QA/QC inspections and QA/QC meetings on weekly basis with Contractor’s Site Management and ensure recommended remedial actions are closed by Contractor and reports are submitted to Employer.
• Coordinate with Employer’s QA/QC Engineer to ensure that Employer’s QA/QC requirements and Key Performance Indicators (KPI), etc. are achieved at Site.
• Audit Contractor’s Project Quality Plan, QA/QC Procedures, Site Activities and submit report to Employer and follow-up on Remedial Actions implemented by Contractor.
• Closely monitor site activities and site conditions on daily basis to find out QA/QC non-conformances of Contractor and take appropriate remedial actions and report to Employer’s Project Manager.
• Ensure that Project QA/QC programs and procedures are established, implemented, reviewed and improved as needed.
• Prepare QA/QC Performance Reports weekly, monthly and annually, non-conformance trend analysis, remedial actions, etc. and submit to Employer.
• Prepare Lessons Learned and QA/QC close-out reports for Project.
• Attend QA/QC Meetings with Contractor, and Weekly Progress Meetings if required by Construction Manager.
• Closely monitor construction works, concrete pours and continuously check materials delivered to site, ensure compliance with QA/QC procedures, and ensure all tests are carried out as per contract requirements.
• Coordinate with Consultant’s Document Controller and QA/QC Engineer to ensure that all documents are properly controlled.
• Make sure that any non-conformity has been reported through a Non Conformance Report.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree in Engineering.
• Minimum 10 years of work experience in QA/QC supervision. Dubai experience is preferred.
• ISO9001 certification or equivalent.
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly with the Management and staff.
• Commitment to quality and safe work practices.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Quality Manager - Grade A Contractor