Job description / Role
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program life cycle within the Government Services and Hydrocarbons sectors. KBR employs approximately 34,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries
We are looking for a Quality Manager for an EPCM project to be based in Abu Dhabi - UAE.
Job Responsibility and Requirement
- The role to manage quality control and quality engineering involved in developing and the execution of systems, products, or services and to ensure they are designed as produced to meet or exceed client requirements and expectations. Quality assurance will cover design, development, production, installation, commissioning, sub-contractor servicing, documentation, and certification.
- Leading quality control and quality assurance in modification and designs ensuring they conform to international standards, codes, classes, and practices.
- Identify problems in the management of quality systems and pose plausible solutions and implement those solutions.
- Ensure of NDT-subcontractors certification, method, competency, and certificate issued to client.
- Ensure quality assurance is embedded in all documents and procedure as necessary and approve as require.
- Provide Management input to work pack.
- Ensure inspect materials on certification and ensure what has been supplied meet the specification requested.
- Review competency reports for quality data
- Management of specialist inspector for civil, mechanical and welding. Respect to quality.
- Site maintenance quality audits to cover the following.
- Participate audits, inspection and safety observation tours as directed by line manager/Project director.
- Ensure all works are executed in line with QMS
- Provides operational supports as per schedule within deadlines. The supervisor reviews delivery impact situation
Decision Making Authority:
- Consults with management on quality procedure and standards codes.
- Prepare Monthly weekly monthly reports for -Construction Progress review and Monthly Quality Reports. Conduct Monthly Quality meeting with all contractors.
- Strong working knowledge of international codes and standards, particularly with respect to materials, process piping, pipelines, storage tanks and pressure vessels.
- Experience in developing and implementing project quality plans, ITPs, and other quality-related procedures.
- Onshore Middle East experience.
- Proven track record in planning, coordinating and supervising teams in oil and gas projects.
- Fluent in English.
- Minimum 20+ years of experience required
- Minimum 14-15+ Years of experience in Oil & gas industry
- Should have been a Manager for minimum 10+ years
- Bachelor degree in a relevant engineering discipline from a recognized institution.
- Professional accreditation from recognized US, UK, EU, Australian or Canadian institute. E.g. C Eng. (UK), PE (USA & Canada), Eur Ing (Europe).
Master's degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- IRCA or equivalent Lead Auditor.
- CSWIP 3.2 / PCN Level II / AWS CWI
- Welding Engineer (IWE)
- Member of recognized Engineering / Quality Institute
About the Company
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.