Job description / Role
The QRM Portfolio covers Compliance, Opportunity Management, Contracts, Legal, Negotiations , Engagement Management, Engagement Quality Assurance, Delivery Assurance, QRM Communication and Development.
- The successful candidate will oversee the overall operational risk processes that exist within the business.
- Own, develop, design and implement policies, business process and risk management strategies for the business that are compliant to local regulation and legislation, considers and informed by global best practices.
- Monitor and determine compliance with risk management policies
- Assist opportunity pursuit leads and teams with pursuit management and strategies and deal structuring, risk mitigation and other delivery impediments.
- Monitor changes in legislation, developments in legislation and the profession and business practice, and inform relevant parties about these developments as appropriate
- Own Risk Management Communication, Training and Development for the business.
- Manage the identification, monitoring, control, and management reporting on all Risk processes in a consolidated and aggregated basis.
Other leadership capabilities:
- Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
Qualifications: To be considered for this position, you must demonstrate skills and experience in the following areas:
- Lawyer / Solicitor with 10 years of, 5 of which particularly related experience, or
- Certified Compliance Manager with a Legal or Commercial degree in Business with at least 10 years working experience, OR
- Certified Risk Manager with a Legal or Commercial degree in business with at least 10 years working experience
- AML, KYC, and Compliance
- Enterprise and Organizational Risk
- Contract negotiation, establishment and management
- Acting as a business advisor to senior leadership
- Applying principles and instruments of Companies Law
- Knowledge and experience in quality, risk and regulatory matters
- Relevant experience preferably in in Big 4 accounting firms or banks or reputable law firms
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and capable in communicating effectively across all levels
- Sound decision making skills when under pressure as well as ability to accomplish multiple tasks in limited time frames
- A self-motivated, pro-active individual who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Arabic Speaker / Bilingual
- Professional Services / Big 4 Experience
- Qualified and Admitted Solicitors (also read Attorney, Lawyers and Barristers)
Deloitte in the UAE is part of Deloitte & Touche (M.E.). Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL).
About the Company
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity