Job description / Role
One of the global leaders in the elevator and escalator industry have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quality & Safety Specialist to be based in Dubai.
Reporting into the Quality & Safety Manager the successful candidate will be responsible to oversee the Dubai Branch Safety and Quality requirements. We are looking for a dynamic individual who can multitask along with having a customer focused attitude.
• Maintain strong connections with other colleagues within the company to share best practices and to understand current and future requirements
• Leads and supports any required corrective action due to non-conformance
• Monitor the progress and effectiveness of corrective and preventative actions
• Implement and report to Regional Quality team on Quality Assurance, Customer Experience & Quality Control achievements
• Representing voice of customer and facilitate Branch QIT meetings
• Spread Quality culture via Quality induction for new employees, Quality refreshments sessions for current employees, Quality campaigns and Actively communicates the importance of Quality and engages the organization
• Responsible for planning, execution and follow-up of internal audits as tool for assuring process compliance, identifying areas for process performance and quality improvement. Follow-up on audits findings
• Act as management representative for the companies Quality Management System (QMS)
• Evaluates the results of quality assurance activities, capture processes challenges, investigate and prepares recommendations for management about significant changes
• Monitor all QFB activities (QFB analysis, RMR follow up, initiate reconciliation meeting when needed and other further investigations of FB’s)
• Prepare & facilitate Major warranty claims. Perform Quality site inspections and audits.
• Follow-up on (EXP) Express Letters, FL (Field Letter), IL (Info Letter) and CL (Communication Letter).
• Monitor efficiency of project hand over process and recommend improvement actions
• Detect early & repetitive failures and provide detailed findings for record in Product booklet.
• Escalate challenges in product quality and participate in Top5 quality forums when needed.
• Drives improvement of safety performance in the business unit
• Adapts, implements and maintains business unit safety policies in line with the companies safety policy.
• Monitors legal changes locally and global developments in safety matters and initiates necessary actions.
• Plans, documents, follows up and monitors the implementation of safety processes and procedures, accident & near miss incident and monitors the effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions.
• Ensures implementation and effectiveness of the OHSAS requirements in their units and facilitates external audits. Actively contributes to the safety activities in their units.
• Participates in global safety activities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role within the Construction or Engineering Industry
• Must have detailed knowledge and experience in reporting and cause analysis including Integrated Management System
• Experience in the UAE/GCC Countries is an advantage
About the Company
A leading engineering company in UAE.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Quality Control Specialist