Job description / Role
At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world's most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us.
We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann's and Omo, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry's, The Dollar Shave Club and Surf.
Be part of the most successful purpose-led business in the world. Have the opportunity to see the true impact that you're having in the work you do - every small thing counts.
Main Job Purpose:
The Quality Specialist is a key figure in a manufacturing organization, as s/he focuses on the customer requirements. Based on these, his role is to manage Quality Management System, Food Safety Management, and process control in order to deliver world class quality products to the consumers all over the globe consistently.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Quality and Food safety management systems documentations including the manuals, SOPS, Standards, and records
- Analysis of Quality and Food safety non-conformances, identify the root causes and implement and verify the corrective actions
- Maintain the factory and personal hygiene at Unilever standard
- Analysis of Material related issues, identify the root cause and develop the suppliers
- Manage the Global quality requirements of Unilever
- Manage the customer complaints
- Manage external Audits of QMS and FSMS
- Manage External Lab Analysis, Calibrations, Trainings etc
- Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying the process, product and manufacturing methods.
- Define and maintain the optimum process parameters to ensure the maximum efficiency of equipment and production in accordance with the quality standards set by the company and the technical conditions.
- Develop and maintain instructions and standard operating procedures for production operators.
- Analyze the causes of process failure, loss of packaging materials, raw materials and finished products as well as poor quality products or incidents in quality.
- Takes part in the development of measures to prevent and eliminate them in the production process, as well as in consideration of incoming complaints for products.
- Participate in conducting trial and industrial tests of new types of packaging materials, raw materials and finished products.
- Participate / lead improvement projects, study WCM tools and apply them in practice in improvement projects.
- Provide suggestions and solutions during incident investigations.
- Participate in the HACCP program, develops measures to reduce risks and guarantee consumer safety in the unit.
- Participate in the training of production operators.
- Develop and maintain a reporting system and working documentation regarding the production process.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
Key Competencies & Skills:
- 4M projects experience
- Quality and Food safety Management System experience
- Factory experience
- Packaging and process engineering
- Process expertise
- Reliability principles
- Technical problem solving/troubleshooting
- ISO 9001 and FSSC 22000 skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Team commitment
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.