Job description / Role
We are looking for strong mathematicians with good problem-solving skills who are willing to tackle challenging problems. We are open to a diverse set of backgrounds whether in pure or applied mathematics. We are not looking for canned solutions and quick fixes. This position will offer the opportunity to pursue hard research problems and develop novel and efficient mathematical methods.
• Exposure to Clustering (hierarchical /non-hierarchical/ distribution/ density Clustering),
• Exposure to Machine Learning based techniques and algorithms, including but not limited to Random Forest, Neural Networks, and Support Vector Machines etc.
• Experience in designing data models for analytics solutions.
• Exposure to working with a wide range of technologies
• Using modern programming languages, advanced mathematical modeling, and complex statistical methods.
• The Mathematician applies knowledge of probability, statistics, and computer programming to analyze and model high complexity products
• Performs and reviews mathematical analysis and testing
• Develops software applications/suites to increase efficiency and accuracy of mathematical modeling and testing.
• The Mathematical Analyst is expected to be proficient in all appropriate tools and methods relevant to the work, including computer programming, spreadsheet analysis, and statistics.
• The Math Analyst devotes a large majority of time directly towards testing and review.
• These programs and analyses demonstrate good coding practices and are, by their structure and syntax, organized and easy to read and review with comments and documentation as necessary
• Reads and modifies programs and analyses developed by others to meet testing needs
• Performs mathematics principles and concepts, and other scientific and engineering disciplines to carry out conventional scientific processes, mathematics and related disciplines to design, develop and adapt scientific methods and techniques.
• Performs mathematics and physics for own independent research in antennas and propagation.
• Ph.D. in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Mathematical Physics, Statistics or related fields from a top 5 university, will consider Masters level for exceptional candidates
• Intermediate/Advanced programming knowledge in C++, Java, Python, or other modern programming language required.
• Extensive knowledge of advanced mathematical concepts and topics required; particularly, advanced knowledge of Probability and Statistics is expected.
• High degree of attention to quality, details, and correctness
• Exposure to building machine learning models in Python an advantage
• Distinctive problem solving and analytical thinking
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
A leading Information Technology company in Singapore.